- Country Quickfacts
- Things to know before you go
- Best Time to Go
- Arrival Guide
- South African Trivia
- Phrases and Words in 4 of the official languages
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Cape Town, 4 days
- Johannesburg, 3 days
- Beautiful Knysna, 3 days
- Sun City, 3 days
- Durban, 3 days
- Cape Winelands, 3 days
INDEPENDENT TRAVEL IDEAS
- Cape Town and Kruger, 12 days
- Cape Highlights and Safari First Class Option
- Panoramas Best, 3 days
- Winelands and Wildlife, 10 days
- Kruger Park Adventure, 3 days
- Savanna Style, 10 days
INDEPENDENT LUXURY TRAVEL
- Cape Gourmet, 8 days
- Cape Highlights and Safari Deluxe Option
- Route of the African Sun, 9 days
- Ultimate South Africa, 12 days
- Zululand Spectacular
- Splendours of the Cape, 9 days
- Cape Town to Kenya, 41 days
- Cape Desert Safari, Northbound, 11 days
- Cape Desert Safari, Southbound, 11 days
- Great Kruger Walking Trek, 5 days
- Transkalahari Adventure, 21 days
- World in one Adventure Lodge Safari, 19 days
- South West Safari, 19 days
- Zanzibar, Victoria Falls and Kruger, 22 days
FAMILY FRIENDLY HOLIDAYS
UNIQUE SMALL ESCORTED GROUPS
HOLIDAY OF A LIFETIME
- Magic of Africa, 20 days
AFRICAN TRAIN JOURNEYS
- The Blue Train, South Africa
- Rovos Rail, South & East Africa (Itineraries)
- Shongololo Express, Southern Africa
EXCLUSIVE GAME LODGES
- Kruger Area
- Eastern Cape Area
- Northern Cape Area
- Kwa Zulu Natal, 3 days
- North West Province
- Limpopo Province
- Project Rhino Kwa-Zulu Natal
- Mpumalanga Excursions
- Car Rental
- Eastern Cape Beach Safari, 9 days
- Garden Route, Winelands & Whales, 7 days
- Kwa-zulu Natal, Beach & Bush, 7 days
- Scenery, Culture & Game, 7 days
STAYS OF DISTINCTION
- 15 On Orange
- Cape Grace Hotel
- Grootbos Private Nature Reserve
- Melrose Arch
- Oyster Box
- Palace of the Lost City
- Table Bay Hotel
- Taj Cape Town
These are not your conventional African experiences. From 6 to 41 days you can journey between Cape Town and Kenya in self sufficient custom built trucks. As one of the team you are involved in day to day duties. As we said these are not your conventional African experiences.
South Africa Independent Travel Ideas
South Africa's largest city, Johannesburg, is the financial and commercial heart of the country and also home to the wealthy suburbs of Sandton, Hyde Park, Rosebank, Marble Arch and Fourways. With exclusive boutiques, superb eateries, pavement cafes and large entertainment complexes, there's something for everyone.
Day 1. Arrive Johannesburg.
You will be met by our Goway representative and transferred to your hotel as shown below. The rest of the day is at leisure.
Day 2. Johannesburg and Soweto.
A day of contrasts. Tour the financial capital - the historical buildings, the parks and affluent northern suburbs of Johannesburg. Also tour Soweto, steeped in apartheid history, including visits to the house of Winnie Mandela, Bishop Tutu, and the former home of Nelson Mandela. (B)
Day 3. Depart Johannesburg.
The day is at leisure until you are taken to the airport for your onward flight. Stay longer if you wish. (B)
Join any day.
Exchange rates differ from time to time. For the most up-to-date prices of this holiday idea please fill out our Africa Travel Quote form. We will do all possible to respond back to you within 24 hours.
Hotel accommodation for two nights with private facilities, meals as indicated by BLD, return airport transfers, and full day Johannesburg and Soweto tour.
Goway's Johannesburg travelpac is based on only the following hotels. If however you would prefer another hotel we would be happy to arrange it for you. Please click on the name of the hotel you wish to see a description and picture for below.
Pretoria Tour: Visit the country's capital to see historical sights such as the Voortrekker Monument, Kruger House, Church Square, City Hall, State Theatre and Opera House. Return to Johannesburg at approx. 17h00.
Gold Reef City Tour: A fascinating reconstruction of the Gold Rush era built around a mine. Join in Victorian fun fair, visit miners' houses, brewery, pubs, restaurants and stock exchange. You can watch molten gold being poured and take a trip down an old mine shaft.
Apartheid Museum: Apartheid was dismantled more than a decade ago but its horror lives on, in a stark white building in Johannesburg. This inspiring journey from the dark days of "whites only" privilege, through to Nelson Mandela's historic release, is one you're unlikely to forget in a hurry. A great tour to combine with Soweto. Departs Tue to Fri at 1 p.m.
Lesedi Cultural Village: A tour of discovery at the Lesedi Cultural Village, home to families of various African tribes, including the Zulu, Xhosa, Ndebele and Sotho, living in traditional homesteads. Includes a traditional African meal. Departs daily at 3:30 p.m.