- Country Quickfacts
- Things to know before you go
- Best Time to Go
- Arrival Guide
- South African Trivia
- Phrases and Words in 4 of the official languages
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Cape Town, 4 days
- Johannesburg, 3 days
- Beautiful Knysna, 3 days
- Sun City, 3 days
- Durban, 3 days
- Cape Winelands, 3 days
INDEPENDENT TRAVEL IDEAS
- Cape Town and Kruger, 12 days
- Cape Highlights and Safari First Class Option
- Panoramas Best, 3 days
- Winelands and Wildlife, 10 days
- Kruger Park Adventure, 3 days
- Savanna Style, 10 days
INDEPENDENT LUXURY TRAVEL
- Cape Gourmet, 8 days
- Cape Highlights and Safari Deluxe Option
- Route of the African Sun, 9 days
- Ultimate South Africa, 12 days
- Zululand Spectacular
- Splendours of the Cape, 9 days
- Cape Town to Kenya, 41 days
- Cape Desert Safari, Northbound, 11 days
- Cape Desert Safari, Southbound, 11 days
- Great Kruger Walking Trek, 5 days
- Transkalahari Adventure, 21 days
- World in one Adventure Lodge Safari, 19 days
- South West Safari, 19 days
- Zanzibar, Victoria Falls and Kruger, 22 days
FAMILY FRIENDLY HOLIDAYS
UNIQUE SMALL ESCORTED GROUPS
HOLIDAY OF A LIFETIME
- Magic of Africa, 20 days
AFRICAN TRAIN JOURNEYS
- The Blue Train, South Africa
- Rovos Rail, South & East Africa (Itineraries)
- Shongololo Express, Southern Africa
EXCLUSIVE GAME LODGES
- Kruger Area
- Eastern Cape Area
- Northern Cape Area
- Kwa Zulu Natal, 3 days
- North West Province
- Limpopo Province
- Project Rhino Kwa-Zulu Natal
- Mpumalanga Excursions
- Car Rental
- Eastern Cape Beach Safari, 9 days
- Garden Route, Winelands & Whales, 7 days
- Kwa-zulu Natal, Beach & Bush, 7 days
- Scenery, Culture & Game, 7 days
STAYS OF DISTINCTION
- 15 On Orange
- Cape Grace Hotel
- Grootbos Private Nature Reserve
- Melrose Arch
- Oyster Box
- Palace of the Lost City
- Table Bay Hotel
- Taj Cape Town
These are not your conventional African experiences. From 6 to 41 days you can journey between Cape Town and Kenya in self sufficient custom built trucks. As one of the team you are involved in day to day duties. As we said these are not your conventional African experiences.
South Africa Exclusive Game Lodges
ULTIMATE TRAVEL EXPERIENCES
The ultimate South African "Bush" experience! Stay at one of our recommended Private Game Lodges and get pampered from the moment you arrive. Our superb selection of accommodations includes a veritable "who's who" of Africa's top game lodges. Each property combines gracious living, beautiful surroundings, excellent cuisine and exciting activities with the enjoyment of the bush. Experience the ultimate in game viewing from open landrovers, accompanied by game rangers and local trackers.
Exclusive Game Lodges - Kruger Area
World-renowned, the Kruger National Park offers the largest concentration of game species on earth and the best developed infrastructure of all Africa´s game parks. It spans an area of nearly 2 million hectares and it is without doubt the best do-it-yourself drive-through reserve on the continent.
Bordering the Kruger are a number of private reserves home to vast wildlife populations. As most of the fences between the Kruger and these reserves have been removed, the game moves freely. These include the Sabi Sand Reserve, the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, Karongwe Private Game Reserve and Kapama Private Game Reserve.
3 DAY ITINERARY
Daily departures from Johannesburg.
Day 1. Johannesburg/Private Game Lodge.
On arrival you will be made to feel extra welcome. Check in and (time permitting) spend a few hours at leisure. This afternoon, depart on a safari drive in an open Land Rover with your game ranger and tracker. Your ranger is your host for the duration of your stay and he will take care of your every need whilst sharing his intimate knowledge of the wild. Sipping sundowners under an African sky somehow "finishes off" the whole day's experience. (LD)
Day 2. Private Game Lodge.
Up at dawn for your early morning game drive! Of course, the less energetic are welcome to sleep late! Search out a multitude of animals including lion, elephant, buffalo, rhino, leopard, cheetah and wild dog, together with a wealth of antelope and birds interacting in their natural environment.
Return to camp for a hearty breakfast, relax around the pool or talk with your ranger and mingle with the guests. Your afternoon game drive takes you well into the evening. Return to your lodge for another sumptuous dinner. Weather permitting you may enjoy a bush 'braai' at a surprise venue! Overnight at your preferred lodge. (BLD)
Day 3. Private Game Lodge / Johannesburg.
This morning you depart on your final game drive with the hope of spotting that extra special sighting. Return to the lodge for breakfast. Later depart for Johannesburg. (B)
Join daily from Johannesburg.
Exchange rates differ from time to time. For the most up-to-date prices of this holiday idea please fill out our Africa Travel Quote form. We will do all possible to respond back to you within 24 hours.
May to September 2013 Stay three nights at Lion Sands River or Ivory Lodge and get 2 free nights at the Cape Cadogan in Cape Town
May to September 2013 Stay three nights at Tinga Private Game Lodge and get 2 free nights at the More Quarters in Cape Town
All accommodation, touring and meals as described by BLD. Road transfers are based on travelling in an air-conditioned luxury vehicle with driver. Air transfers are based on scheduled flights from Johannesburg to Kruger Mpumalanga Airport or Hoedspruit Airport. For selected lodges, a light aircraft transfer from Mpumalanga Airport to the lodge private airstrip is also included. Airfares subject to change.
Please click the name of the game lodge or reserve of your choosing below for a description and picture.
- Arathusa Safari Lodge
- Hamiltons Tented Camp
- Kings Camp - Timbavati
- Kings Camp - Waterbuck Villa
- Leopard Hills Game Reserve
- Lion Sands - River Lodge
- Lion Sands - Ivory Lodge
- Mala Mala - Main Camp
- Sabi Sabi Game Reserve - Bush Lodge
- Sabi Sabi Game Reserve - Earth Lodge
- Sabi Sabi Game Reserve - Little Bush Camp
- Sabi Sabi Game Reserve - Selati Camp
- Savanna Private Game Reserve
- Shiduli Private Game Lodge
- Singita Game Reserve - Boulders Lodge
- Singita Game Reserve - Ebony Lodge
- Singita Game Reserve - Lebombo
- Singita Game Reserve - Sweni Lodge
- Tinga Private Game Lodge - Legends Lodge
- Tinga Private Game Lodge - Narina Lodge
AFRICA REZ CENTRE
We can arrange for you to stay at any of Africa's top private lodges, hotels and resorts. We can also assist with the best airfares to Africa. Have your agent call the specialists at Goway to plan your vacation.
Make Goway your One-Stop-Shop reservation centre for all your needs in Africa.