- China Quickfacts
- Things to know before you go
- Arrival Guide
- City/Region Descriptions
- Chinese Zodiac
- Mandarin Phrases
HOLIDAY OF A LIFETIME
- Beijing - Great Wall Stop Over, 3 days
- Beijing - Great Wall, 4 days
- Legendary Shanghai, 3 days
- Xian Warriors, 3 days
- Guangzhou, 3 days
- Guilin - Li River, 3 days
- Guilin & Yangshuo - Li River, 4 days
- Hangzhou, 4 days
- Chengdu - Pandas, 4 days
- Suzhou - Canals, 2 days
- Kunming - Stone Forest, 4 days
- Luoyang & Shaolin, 4 days
- Lhasa City Stay, 4 days
- Luxury China: 9 days Beijing and Shanghai with Fairmont, 9 days
- Classic China, 13 days
- China Showcase, 8 days
- China & Pandas with Tibet Train, 13 days
- China to Tibet to Nepal, 16 days
- Highlights of Southern China, 7 days
- Treasures of Shangri La, 5 days
- Tsar's Gold Private Train - Trans Siberian Railroad, 13 days
- Tsar's Gold Private Train - Trans Siberian Railroad, 16 days
- Silk Road Tour of China, 10 days
SMALL GROUP DEPARTURES
- China Odyssey, 11 days
- China Odyssey, 14 days
- A Taste of China, 11 days
- Tibet in Depth, 9 days
- China Experience, 21 days
YANGTZE RIVER CRUISES
ASIA STAYS OF DISTINCTION
- The Amandari, Ubud
- Peninsula Hotel, Beijing
- Peninsula Hotel, Hong Kong
- Lake Palace, Udaipur
- The Peninsula, Shanghai
- Rambagh Palace, Jaipur
- The Palace, Tokyo
- The Imperial Hotel, Delhi
- Raffles Hotel, Singapore
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Bangkok
- Four Seasons Resort, Chiang Mai
- Amanpuri, Phuket
- The Amansara, Siem Reap
- La Residence Phou Vao, Luang Prabang
- Gems of South East Asia, 10 days
FAR EAST TRIVIA
Long before Marco Polo, China was a fascinating destination for travellers. The mystery is still there, waiting to be discovered on one of Goway's travel ideas.
We invite you to travel to the Orient in the "Year of the Snake". See Chinese Zodiac.
Before you visit China, we strongly recommend that you pre-arrange everything, including internal travel. If you do all this through Goway, you can focus your attention on enjoying one of the world's most exciting travel destinations.
The third-largest country in the world, China is bounded to the north by the deserts of Mongolia, to the west by the Tibetan plateau and the Himalayas, and to the east by the East and South China Seas. China's 22 provinces and 5 autonomous regions are governed from Beijing, along with some 5000 islands. China isn't just a country – it's a different world.
From shop-till-you-drop metropolises to the epic grasslands of Inner Mongolia – with deserts, sacred peaks, astounding caves and imperious ruins – it's a land of cultural and geographical wonders. It is not that China has done away with its Maoist past – it is more that the yin of revolutionary zeal is being balanced with the yang of economic pragmatism. The old guard communists are giving way to the new wave entrepreneurs.
It is also a land of towering mountains and epic landscapes – background scenery to the fall of dynasties, the rise of emperors and the turning of the revolutionary wheel. Unless you have a couple of years and unlimited patience, it is best to follow an itinerary such as Beijing to Tibet via Xian's Terra Cotta Warriors or following the Silk Route or sailing down the Yangtze River or simply let Goway plan your trip.
Be impressed by the high standard of hotels, by the friendliness of the people and how safe it is to travel around.
On these pages, we present our most popular ideas. We can also arrange the best airfares within China plus special airfares from North America direct to China.
We can personalize all of the independent travel ideas we offer in China by providing a private car with driver as well as a personal guide.
See Goway's Brochure Rack for our main brochures for the Pacific area.