SMALL GROUP DEPARTURES
- Highlights of Indochina, 13 days
- Laos & Cambodia Experience, 14 days
- Laos Experience - Classic, 8 days
STAYS OF DISTINCTION
Buddha Statue, Laos
Location: Southeastern Asia, northeast of Thailand, west of Vietnam.
Area: 236,800 km².
Population: 6,068,117 (July 2004 est.)
Time: GMT +7
Language: Lao (official), French, English, and various ethnic languages.
Religion: Buddhist 60%, animist and other 40% (including various Christian denominations 1.5%)
Currency: Lao Kip
Electricity: 220 volts AC, 50 Hz
- Shops: Monday to Friday 0800-1900.
- Business: 0800-1200 and 1300-1730 Monday-Saturday.
Country Code: 856 - Vientiane 21
Credit Cards: Some hotels and restaurants accept Visa and MasterCard.
Photography: There are restrictions at airports, ports, and harbours. It is courteous to ask permission first before taking photographs of people.