- Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), 3 days
- Mekong Delta, 3 days
- Phan Thiet Resort, 4 days
- Dalat, 3 days
- Nha Trang Resort, 4 days
- Phu Quoc Beach, 3 days
- Hanoi stopover, 3 days
- Halong Bay, 2 days
- Halong Bay Cruise, 2 days
- Halong Bay Cruise, 3 days
- Highland Places and Tribal Faces of Sapa, 4 days
- Classic Vietnam (Northbound), 7 days
- Classic Vietnam (Southbound), 7 days
- Vietnam Showcase (Northbound), 12 days
- Vietnam Showcase (Southbound), 12 days
SMALL GROUP DEPARTURES
- Cambodia & Vietnam Explorer, 14 days
- Essential Indochina, 12 days
- Essential Vietnam, 9 days
- Highlights of Vietnam, 10 days
- Inside Vietnam and Cambodia, 21 days
- Scenic Vietnam, 15 days
- Vietnam Insight, 11 days
- Pandaw Cruise - Mekong River - Saigon to Siem Reap (Vietnam to Cambodia or in the reverse), 4, 5 and 8 days
- Mekong River Cruise - Le Cochinchine Boat, 2 days
- Orion Expedition Cruises
Vietnam Independent Travel Ideas
HO CHI MINH CITY
Day 1. Arrive Ho Chi Minh.
(Formerly Saigon). Welcome. You will be met by Goway's representative and transferred to your chosen hotel. Balance of the day at leisure.
Day 2. Ho Chi Minh City sightseeing.
Begin the day with a morning tour of Cu Chi, where you will visit the vast underground network of tunnels built first as a defence against the French, and later expanded during the American war. It was from here that the North Vietnamese waged their guerrilla warfare. You will marvel at their ingenuity and resilience. See secret trapdoors, underground kitchens, living areas and meeting rooms. The more adventurous may explore the deeper second, and even third level tunnels. For those preferring to remain above ground, there is ample opportunity to view excavated areas from above. Your guide will advise you of the length and level of difficulty of each tunnel before entering - some are easily accessed by stairs.
In the afternoon, enjoy a tour of Ho Chi Minh City. Proceed to the former Presidential Palace, which is now preserved as a museum, including the underground communications bunker headquarters for the Saigon Government during the American War. Continue to the History Museum, which houses an excellent display tracing the origins of the indigenous Vietnamese, and see the post office and Central Market. Visit Notre Dame, an impressive neo-Romanesque cathedral in the centre of city. Remainder of the day is at your leisure. (B)
Please note: The History Museum in Ho Chi Minh is closed every Monday. If your touring falls on this day, you will visit the War Museum instead.
Day 3. Ho Chi Minh City.
The day is free until your transfer to the airport for your departure flight. Stay longer if you wish. (B)
Cu Chi Memorial Temple
Join any day.
Please request prices for the time you wish to travel.
Two nights hotel accommodation with private facilities, meals as shown by BLD, return transfers, full day Saigon tour.
Please click the hotel of your choice from the list below.
A full day trip into the Mekong Delta including a boat trip on the Mekong River. Click here for details.