Consumer Protection Plans
Consumer Protection USA
For your financial comfort in the USA, Goway, as an Active Member of the United States Tour Operators Association (USTOA), is required to post $1, 000, 000 with USTOA to be used to reimburse, in accordance with the terms and conditions of the USTOA Plan, the advance payments of Goway customers in the unlikely event of Goway's bankruptcy or insolvency. This plan is endorsed by The American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) of which Goway Travel is a member.
Goway is also a member ASTA's elite TOP (Tour Operator Program). The TOP logo symbolizes Goway's standing as a blue chip tour company that has met the stringent membership criteria.
(Goway's California Travel Registration number is 2016613-20)
Consumer Protection Canada
In Canada, Goway is a member of the Association of Canadian Travel Agencies (ACTA) and is licensed under Ontario Government Ministry of Consumer & Corporate Relations, Travel Industry Act 1974, Registration No. 1543989.
The Act is administered by the Travel Industry Council of Ontario (TICO), a leader in developing improved consumer protection. And under the British Columbia Travel Act, Registration No. 833-0. Goway Travel contributes to the respective compensation funds.
Consumer Protection Australia
In Australia, Goway Travel (Pty.) Ltd., is a member of the Australian Travel Compensation Fund, which was established to protect consumers in the event of the fund member defaulting.
Goway Australia is also a full member of the Australian Tourism Export Council (ATEC).
Goway is also a member of the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and the Association for the Promotion of Tourism to Africa (APTA).
The Better Business Bureau's Checklist for Online Shopping
To help you shop safely online, the B.B.B. recommends you take the following common sense steps:
- Don't rely on a professional looking website as proof of a Company's quality or good reputation.
- Investigate a company or seller before you buy.
- Find out where a company is physically located to help avoid overseas or offshore scams.
- Never give out your bank account number, credit card number, or personal information unless you're certain a company is legitimate.
- Pay for your purchases by credit or charge card which can be protected under the relevant Fair Billing Credit Act.
- Find out about a company's return or refund policies before you purchase. (For Goway, visit Booking Conditions)
- Always use a secure Internet browser that "encrypts" or scrambles your personal information.