LILIANFELS BLUE MOUNTAINS RETREAT
AUSTRALIA STAYS OF DISTINCTION
- Capella Lodge, Lord Howe Island
- Hayman Island, Whitsundays
- Lilianfels, Blue Mountains
- Lizard Island, Great Barrier Reef
- Longitude 131°, Ayers Rock
- Silky Oaks Lodge & Healing Waters Spa, Daintree National Park
- Southern Ocean Lodge, Kangaroo Island
- Qualia, Hamilton Island
- Thala Beach Lodge, Port Douglas
- Ultimate Australia, 12 days
- Ultimate Retreat, 12 days
NEW ZEALAND STAYS OF DISTINCTION
- Huka Lodge, Taupo
- Kauri Cliffs, Matauri Bay
- Wharekauhau Estate, Palliser Bay
- Hilton, Auckland
- Azur Lodge, Queenstown
- Ultimate New Zealand, 9 days
- Ultimate Downunder, 12 days
- Splendid Sydney, 4 days
- Orion Expedition Cruises
- Sydney Plus, 5 days
- Sydney in Style, 4 days
- Wine, Wilderness, Wildlife, 15 days
- Sydney Opera House Evening
- Full Day Hunter Valley
- Full Day Canberra
- Sydney Harbour by Helicopter
- Blue Mountains Wildlife Discovery
OTHER TRAVEL IDEAS
- Hunter Valley, 2 days
- Broken Hill, 3 days
- Eaglereach Wilderness Resort, 3 days
- Blue Mountains & Hunter Valley, 3 days
- 4 Day Outback, 4 days
Which include Sydney
- Three Capitals Classic, 7 days
- Trans Continental Classic, 13 days
- Classic South Pacific, 15 days
- Classic Australia, 14-17 days
- Classic Circle Pacific, 17 days
- Highlights & Wildlife, 12 days
- Rock & Reef, 8 days
- Classic Wine, Wilderness & Wildlife, 15 days
- Classic Southern Explorer, 12 days
GET A FREE TRAVEL QUOTE
New South Wales Stays Of Distinction
Lilianfels Blue Mountains Retreat
- FACILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
- TRAVEL IDEA
Lilianfels is regarded as one of Australia's finest boutique 'Getaways', set in beautiful gardens facing one of the country's most acclaimed natural wonders, The Three Sisters. Located on an escarpment 1000 metres above sea level Lilianfels is situated at Katoomba close to the highest point in the Blue Mountains, only a 90-minute drive from Sydney.
It's ideal location also allows it to benefit from the four seasons, through a wide variety of local produce paired with an award winning wine list. All of which can be enjoyed in the elegant Darley's fine dining restaurant boasting modern Australian cuisine or the more casual Italian inspired dining option of Tre Sorelle (Three Sisters) restaurant.
In addition to the twenty-four hour room service, the lounge at Lilianfels offers all day dining. Sip a cocktail by the chic mahogany bar, sink into the plush Victorian armchairs and curl up by the fire with a book, or take afternoon tea in grand tradition to the relaxing strains of life classical music.
At Lilianfels, you can be yourself whilst enjoying all the creature comforts of an exclusive luxury retreat. From the crispest sheets and fluffiest towels to the locally bottled mountain spring water on turn down, no detail has been overlooked.
Sink into their extra deep baths and luxuriate in the red wine exfoliating treatment. The marble bathrooms offer separate bath and shower, with each room featuring views over the English style gardens, or the backdrop of Echo Point with its vast mountains and plunging valleys.
Decorated in lush fabrics including organza with silk drapes, lavish punk, green and lilac themed rooms predominate. The sumptuous floral designs bring the outdoors in, inviting you to curl up in a sofa and wile away the hours.
Room and suite features include:
- Separate bath and shower - some with their own spa
- Individually controlled air-conditioning
- Windows open to mountain air
- Automatic clock
- Radio, remote control colour TV and Video Player
- Satellite TV
- Direct Dial ISD and STD
- Mini Bar Menu
- Tea/Coffee making facilities
- Daily Newspaper
- European feather down doonas
- Blankets on request
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Bath Robes (for adults and children)
- Detachable hair dryer
- Towel heating rails
- Electricity: AC 240V
- Turn down service
- Non smoking rooms available
- Some rooms can accommodate additional beds
- Bassinettes & cots available on request
Lilianfels has 45 Deluxe Rooms throughout the hotel with a mix of King, Queen, Twin, Attic and One suite, with charming views over the gardens. All are large and airy with windows opening to the fresh mountain air. Lilianfels historic, English style gardens are in direct contrast to the rugged mountain scenery nearby.
Deluxe Room - Partial Valley View
Throughout the hotel these delightful rooms enjoy corner positions in the hotel, giving guests partial valley views. Complimenting all other rooms, they are individually decorated to reflect the warmth, colours and textures of the mountains. In each room at Lilianfels, delightful Australian art brings the walls to life, and fine porcelain ads to its charm. There are only 18 Deluxe Partial Valley View rooms throughout the hotel, comprised of a mix of King and Twin bedded rooms, they are at a premium.
Deluxe Room - Valley View
The precious wilderness of the heritage listed Blue Mountains is the draw for our guests to request these rooms. Surpassing the quality décor of these rooms, the quiet serenity of the hues chosen to enhance each guest room is the view. Taking in the breathtaking views of the Jamison Valley is a passive way of enjoying this special place. There are 22 Deluxe Valley View rooms in the hotel, comprised of a mix of King, Queen, Twin, Suites and Attic rooms.
Deluxe Room with Spa
Lilianfels has 4 Deluxe Spa Rooms located in both Entrance and Valley View aspects of the hotel (2 in each). These rooms have their own private (Spa) Jacuzzi, popular with the romantic and honeymoon guest. The quaint pitched ceiling gives the room a distinction all its own. – definitely a room with a difference.
Lilianfels has four suites, distinguished by their individual character: 'Mini Mini Saddle', 'Cloudmaker', 'Kanangra' and 'Nellie's Glen'. Kanangara overlooks the Jamison Valley, while Nellie's Glen has a garden view.
Both Mini-Mini Saddle and Cloudmaker also overlook the Jamison Valley, each have their own sitting room with sofa, dining room table, antique secretaire, armoire, CD player and bathroom with spa bath. They both have an interconnecting room available, so that it is possible to have a 2 bedroom suite. All suites have a separate sitting room and bedroom.
Surrender to the ultimate pampering pleasure in our Blue Mountains spa retreat - a revitalising haven for your body and soul. Immerse yourself in the tranquillity of nature where you can relax and rejuvenate amidst the pristine beauty of the Australian wilderness surrounded by the breathtaking view and forests of fragrant eucalypts.
Re-energise yourself with our boundless choice of outdoor adventures – choose from bushwalking, bike riding, canyoning and tennis, or set the mood for complete relaxation with one of our indulgent spa treatments. Additional facilities onsite include indoor swimming pool, snooker, gymnasium and sauna.
Let the staff at Lilianfels recommend and arrange tailor made tours and activities to suit your individual interests.
And idyllic destination spa, Lilianfels embraces the best of the indoors and out to rejuvenate the mind, body and soul. In this spirit you can capture the essence of the mountains with Lilianfels uniquely Australian Li' Tya range of spa care treatments.
Based on ancient Aboriginal spirituality and healing traditions, awaken the dreamtime within and rebalance your spirit with this way of being. Also environmentally friendly and unique, merging the philosophies of East and West is our luxurious Elemis range of spa care products. Let the sheer power of aroma and touch, revitalise your soul.
- Golf - To satisfy the greatest golfing enthusiast, there are four 18 hole golf courses within easy reach of Lilianfels.
- Bushwalking - Take a spectacular daily guided bushwalk to open up the wild world of Australian flora and fauna and unlock the romance of this vast land.
- Picnic Pampering - Let the afternoon unfold over a private gourmet picnic for two in the wilderness.
- Sunset for two - Toast the sun setting across ruby red skies from a romantic table for two on the cliff tops - complete with your own private butler.
- Harley Cruising - See this wonderful countryside the way it was meant to be seen, from a legendary Harley Davidson Motor Cycle.
Abseiling - Abseiling is an exhilarating outdoor sport. Abseil the stunning sandstone cliffs of the Blue Mountains, an experience set in the unique natural wilderness. All abseiling and rock climbing guides are fully accredited to ensure your safety and enjoyment.
Mountain Biking - This exciting adventure sport is the ideal way to explore some of Australia's best mountain bike trails. Explore the trails yourself through making use of the complimentary bikes available at Lilianfels, or you may wish to venture further into the wilderness with a professionally guided mountain bike tour company.
2 day Itinerary
Day 1. Arrive Lilianfels. You will be collected from your hotel in Sydney for a wonderful day of sightseeing on a 4WD eco-tour transfer terminating at Lilianfels Blue Mountains in the afternoon. The Blue Mountains National Park has some truly fantastic scenery, excellent bush walks and all the gorges, gum trees and cliffs you could ask for.
The World Heritage listed Blue Mountains region is one of the world's great outdoor destinations with walks, horse riding, fishing, all sorts of sporting activities and places to explore.
Lilianfels has competition standard Petanque facilities and a country style tennis court. The English style billiard room, lounge bar and reading room lend themselves to a leisurely lifestyle. Here you can do as much or as little as you please. B
Day 2. Depart Lilianfels. Today you transfer back to Sydney via the Blue Mountains National Park, stopping en route to view kangaroos in their natural habitat. Also included is a visit to Sydney's premier wildlife park. BL
You can join any day.
Please request prices for the time you wish to visit.
One night's accommodation in a Deluxe Valley View room, breakfast, lunch, 2 days eco-touring including Featherdale Wildlife Park.