SILKY OAKS LODGE
AUSTRALIA STAYS OF DISTINCTION
- Capella Lodge, Lord Howe Island
- Hayman Island, Whitsundays
- Lilianfels, Blue Mountains
- Lizard Island, Great Barrier Reef
- Longitude 131°, Ayers Rock
- Silky Oaks Lodge & Healing Waters Spa, Daintree National Park
- Southern Ocean Lodge, Kangaroo Island
- Qualia, Hamilton Island
- Thala Beach Lodge, Port Douglas
- Ultimate Australia, 12 days
- Ultimate Retreat, 12 days
NEW ZEALAND STAYS OF DISTINCTION
- Huka Lodge, Taupo
- Kauri Cliffs, Matauri Bay
- Wharekauhau Estate, Palliser Bay
- Hilton, Auckland
- Azur Lodge, Queenstown
- Ultimate New Zealand, 9 days
- Ultimate Downunder, 12 days
GET A FREE TRAVEL QUOTE
Queensland Stays Of Distinction
SILKY OAKS LODGE
- FACILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
- TRAVEL IDEA
Nestled on the edge of the Mossman Gorge in the Daintree Rainforest, Silky Oaks Lodge is the Daintree's ultimate resort where this rare wilderness can be enjoyed in elegance and ease. From the moment you arrive at Silky Oaks, you feel the aura of the Daintree. Vast and pristine, it is the oldest living rainforest on Earth.
The Lodge itself overlooks a lagoon so idyllic it has no equal for natural beauty, supreme comfort and ease of access. There's also the added comfort of knowing you've chosen the perfect base to explore the Tropical North Queensland region. With Port Douglas only 20 minutes away, our morning drop off and afternoon pick ups provide opportunities to explore the many boutiques, restaurants and shops of this coastal town.
At Silky Oaks Lodge there is no effort required to discover the magic of the rainforest. It's all around you.
Yet from the comfort of the Lodge there's no sense of 'roughing it'. In fact, the only challenge you're likely to encounter is deciding what to choose from the menu.
HOW TO GET THERE
Silky Oaks Lodge adjoins the World Heritage listed Daintree Rainforest National Park, on the northern bank of the Mossman River Gorge. 7 kilometres from Mossman. 27 kilometres to Port Douglas (20 minutes). 83 kilometres north of Cairns airport (1 1/4 hours).
How to Get There
Air Connections - Regular flights are available from all Australian capital cities with QANTAS or Virgin Blue to Cairns(CNS). Australian residents can check with P&O Australian Resorts for the best available airfares.
Self Drive - Car rental is available through all major car rental companies from Cairns Airport and City. The trip takes approximately 90 minutes from Cairns.
Private Car Transfer - Cairns Limousines offer a meet & greet service from Cairns Airport and the City. Cars depart daily on demand and seat up to three passengers with luggage. Larger vehicles are also available.
Set in prime riverfront location, spectacular rainforest views and the soothing sounds of the Mossman River are key designer elements of the five premium Riverhouses.
Generously spacious, with polished timber floors and elegant interiors, room appointments are stylish and comfortable. An oversized spa bath, with uninterrupted rainforest views, is one of the many special inclusions offered in addition to standard room features, which include a daybed. Riverhouse guests also enjoy premium sparkling wine and a deluxe tropical fruit basket on arrival.
At Silky Oaks Lodge, guests are accommodated in beautiful timber Treehouses. Set into the rainforest and surrounded by lush gardens, each has been carefully designed to offer privacy and maximum comfort.
Treehouses have an understated tropical style with natural tones and timbers used to create a relaxed, soothing living space. Floor to ceiling glass doors open onto a wide verandah where a hammock is perfectly positioned to make the most of picturesque views. Air-conditioned, interiors are spacious and attractively furnished with a range of contemporary comforts including a daybed. Large bathrooms, including a spa, CD player, phone, coffee and tea making facilities are among some of the in-room features.
Check in time is 2:00 pm / Check out time is 11:00 am
All rooms contain the following amenities and facilities:
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fan
- CD Player
- Direct Dial Telephone
- Work Desk
- Spa Baths
- Bath Robes
- Pool Towels
- Fully Stocked Mini-bar
- Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Hair Dryers
- Evening Turndown Service
- Aromatherapy Oil Burner
- Outdoor Table & Chairs
Silky Oaks Lodge has a total of 50 guest rooms in 2 different grades
|Room Type||Bedding Configuration||Maximum Existing Bedding||Capacity With Rollaway|
|5||Riverhouses||1 x King Bed
(twin beds available on request)
|41||Treehouses||1 x King Bed
(twin beds available on request)
|3||Triple Treehouses||2 x King Single 1 x Double Sofa||3||N/A|
|1||Treehouse (disabled)||1 x King Bed
(twin beds available on request) 1 x Single
- Reception is open from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm
- Major credit cards accepted
- Foreign exchange and travelers cheques cashed
- Tour desk
- Scheduled courtesy transfer service to and from Port Douglas once per day
- Daily activities program
- Facsimile facilities
- Board games
- Pool towels
- Flora and fauna reference library
- Swimming pool
- Internet Lounge
- Tennis court - day & night
- Laundry service
- Therapeutic massage
- Complimentary Self Service Laundry Facilities
- Car parking
- Resort Boutique
- Safety deposit facilities (at reception)
- Postal service available
- Function and meeting facilities available
- Children under 10 years are not catered for
- Disabled facilities available
- Selected guided rainforest walks through the grounds and adjoining rainforest
- Canoeing and snorkelling trips on the Mossman River
- Transfer service to and from Port Douglas scheduled daily
- Tennis - day and night
Other Activities (charges apply)
- Rainforest picnics (hampers provided by prior arrangement)
- Scenic flights over Mossman Gorge and Great Barrier Reef
- Hot air ballooning
- Birdwatching cruises
- Dawn and dusk river cruises
- Variety of spa treatments available in Healing Waters Spa
- Guided twilight & night rainforest walks
- Golf at Port Douglas or Mossman
- Horse riding
- Estuary or reef fishing
- Rafting expeditions
- Day trips scuba diving on the Great Barrier Reef
- Aboriginal Tours and guided walks through Mossman Gorge National Park
- Australian wilderness experience day trips to Cape Tribulation & Daintree River
- Great Barrier Reef & Low Isle Cruises
Healing Waters Spa
Set in lush tropical gardens, the Healing Waters Spa at Silky Oaks Lodge has been inspired by ancient wisdoms that celebrated water as a renewing and life-giving force.
The Healing Waters Spa is located in an area that resonates with ancient ceremonies and whispers of sacred healings.Welcomed by the serene river and lush greenery, guests are encouraged to journey tranquil garden paths to the Healing Waters Spa and its promise of rest and rejuvenation.
The treatments at the Spa have also evolved from the landscape. The power of the Mossman River's mineral-rich waters and the flower and plant essences of the living rainforest are distilled into signature therapies which are designed to invigorate the mind and body and energise the spirit.
A variety of treatments using all Australian natural spa care products from Sodashi and Li'Tya. Sodashi, a premium face and body care range focuses on 'wholeness, purity and radiance' to relax and restore whilst Li'Tya products draw on the ancient knowledge of the Aboriginal people to nurture and heal.
Day 1. Cairns to Silky Oaks Lodge. Upon arrival into Cairns you will be met and transferred by private car to Silky Oaks Lodge. The remainder of the day is at leisure. (2 nights)
Day 2. At leisure. Join an experienced naturalist guide and visit a variety of different environments including mangroves, rainforest and beach, on a full day adventure to the Daintree River and Cape Tribulation. BL
Day 3. Silky Oaks Lodge to Cairns. Today you will be transferred by private car to the airport to connect with your onward arrangements. B
You can join any day.
Please request prices for the time you wish to visit.
2 nights accommodation in a river house, full breakfast daily and return private transfers from Cairns.