Food & Wine
South Australia Food & Wine
In South Australia there is something for every taste and adventure level - you can indulge in fine food and wine, go on a rugged Outback adventure, see a world-class arts festival or swim with sea lions.
Adelaide is known as the city of food and wine; a place to experience the buzz, culture and convenience of a big city without the frustrations. The CBD is a square mile, fringed with a border of beautiful parklands. Seriously good coffee and food are never far away.
Goway's Pick – The 5 Best Wineries
Visit the birthplace of Australia's most famous wine Penfolds Grange in the Barossa.
- Seppeltsfield in the Barossa Valley - Australia's grandest wine chateau and home of world-class wines, began life as a dairy in 1851.
- Jacob's Creek in the Barossa Valley is the home of Australia's 'top drop', at Orlando Wines where the first vines were planted on the banks of Jacob's Creek in 1847.
- Sevenhill Cellars in the Clare Valley was founded in the mid-nineteenth century, and today the winery offers tastings and sales in the old monastery cellars, as well as tours of the church.
- Boston Bay Wines in the Eyre Peninsula is a unique vineyard with spectacular views located on the shores of Boston Bay it produces medal-winning red and white wines.
There is something for every taste and adventure level - you can indulge in fine food and wine, go on a rugged Outback adventure, see a world-class arts festival or swim with sea lions.
Goway's Pick - Special Accommodation
Peppers The Louise
Peppers The Louise is a luxury vineyard retreat surrounded by hundreds of acres of vines overlooking the world renowned Barossa Valley. Just fifteen suites offer absolute luxury and inspired design with private terraces, soft contemporary furnishings and spacious ensuites.
Acclaimed on-site restaurant, Appellation, is one of Australia's finest regional dining experiences offering seasonal cuisine and an extensive premium world wine list nightly for casually elegant dining under the guidance of Executive Chef Mark McNamara. Peppers The Louise is Australia's premier vineyard retreat combined with a world class dining experience.
North Adelaide Heritage Apartments
These award-winning properties are truly unique, choose from a selection of cozy cottages; The Friendly Chapel Inn (an old historic Chapel converted to a cozy apartment), or from The Fire Station Inn (an old Fire Station that has a fire engine on the bottom floor or a luxury penthouse on the top floor.
All the properties come fully equipped with cooking facilities and breakfast provisions, the managers are available for your every need and this is the best location for restaurants in Adelaide.
Thorn Park Country House
Thorn Park Country House is an elegant 145 year old homestead set in 65 acres of gently rolling hills and stately gums in the heart of the Clare Valley wine region. It offers a unique opportunity to relax and be pampered with warm hospitality, fine food and wine.
Tasteful antiques, furnishings and art works decorate the six bedrooms, dining rooms, library and drawing room. There is a cookery school located here that operates at certain days of the year.
Goway's Top tips
- Visit the famous Central Market with a local expert.
- Before you head to the wine valleys visit the Wine Center and learn all you need to know about Australian wine.
- Head down to Glenelg – Adelaide beachside suburb for fish and chip's.
- For the best city restaurants visit Historical North Adelaide.
- Visit Baird Bay and take a specialist eco cruise and swim with sea lions and dolphins.
Departs Tuesday 10:30 am & 1:30 pm, Thursday 10:30 am & 1:30 pm, Friday 10:00 am & 2:00 pm, Saturday 8:30 am
This tour takes you on a unique behind-the-scenes experience through Adelaide Central market. Layer by layer the Market's history, foods and charm will be peeled away and exposed for your enjoyment. You'll discover the unusual, the exotic and bizarre. You'll get to meet stallholders and share their knowledge and best of all; generous tasting is the order of the day.
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday 7:00am pickup - 5:15 pm return
Enjoy a classic Market breakfast surrounded by all the activity. Then head to the Barossa Valley and savour the wines from the Barossa's best boutique wineries and enjoy a delectable three-course luncheon at a charming Barossa winery restaurant. Soak up the atmosphere on a personalized tour of the historic Seppelt Winery. Sample their premium wines and a rare 100-year-old port at a private tasting session. This premium full day experience will surprise and delight and is unquestionably, the Connoisseur's Choice.