Food & Wine
- Australia Culinary Experience
- New South Wales
- South Australia
Great Ocean Road
Victoria Food & Wine
Melbourne the cosmopolitan city.
Victoria's capital and Australia's premier 'wine city', chic restaurants serving a variety of cuisine types, inspirational chefs and a lively café scene are just some of the reasons why Melbourne is considered the height of gastronomic excellence.
Queen Victoria Market
The Queen Victoria Market is described as "the Mecca of Melbourne's shopping". Virtually everything is on sale at the Queen Victoria Market. Opened in 1859 as a livestock market, the Queen Victoria Market is now the only surviving market in the city proper and by far Melbourne's biggest.
Wine, Wildlife and Adventure
The regional areas of Victoria of very accessible from Melbourne.
- The Yarra Valley, less than one hour away is home to a huge selection of wineries, you can see wildlife at Healesville Sanctuary, home to dingoes, kangaroos, wombats and much more. For the more adventurous take a hot air balloon ride over the spectacular countryside or go for a cycle tour.
- The Mornington Peninsula is only 1 hour from the city; here you will find wineries, beaches, golf courses, art galleries and cafes. Tranquil views of the bays and harbour are everywhere you look.
- The Great Ocean Road is classed as one of the most scenic coastal drives in the world and is not too be missed.
We have selected a range of experiences to show you the very best of Victoria.
Goway Picks - Gourmet must dos
Experience these precincts in Melbourne for an eclectic mix of dining and culture.
- Eat Dim sum in Chinatown
- Overlook the water at South bank or New Quay
- Taste Greek food in Lonsdale and Russell Street
- Soak in the Italian atmosphere and food at Lyon Street
- Hang out at Trendy Brunswick Street in Fitzroy
- Catch a ferry to Williamstown for Fish and Chips on the beach
- People watch at Chapel Street in South Yarra
Goway's Top tips
If time is of the essence, base yourself in Melbourne and visit The Yarra Valley and The Mornington peninsula on day tours. We have an amazing range of tours available, please ask for details.
For dining with a difference experience the Colonial Tramcar Restaurant, this is the world's only working tramcar restaurant, the food is authentic Australia and your guaranteed a fun evening!
For shopping head down to Bridge Road home to some of Australia's best fashion designers at bargain prices!
Shop for gourmet delights at Queen Victoria Market