- Country Quickfacts
- Things to know before you go
- Arrival Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Islands at a glance
- Total Tahitian Experiences
- Cuisine of Tahiti
- Honeymooning & Weddings
- Tahiti Accommodation
GREAT VALUE VACATIONS
CRUISE AND SAIL
- Marquesas, Tuamotus & Society Islands, 14 nights
- Society Islands & Tuamotus, 10 nights
- Tahiti and Society Islands, 7 nights
- Cook Islands & Society Islands, 11 nights
- Moorea Escape
- Tahiti Escape
- Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora Escape
- Tahiti and Bora Bora Escape
- Tahiti, Bora Bora and Tahaa Escape
STAYS OF DISTINCTION
STOP OVER TRAVEL IDEAS
- Exotic Tahiti, 3 days
- Tahiti Island Hopper, 12 days
- Romantic Bora Bora, 3 days
- Magical Moorea, 3 days
Your money is safe with ISLANDSESCAPES by Goway
See consumers protection.
Paul Gauguin Cruises
Tahiti & Society Islands
7 night cruise
In 1891, when Paul Gauguin arrived in Tahiti, he captured the charm, culture and languid grace of the natives in oils. You won't find his paintings here, but the original models still call this piece of French Polynesia home. This 7-night itinerary is perfect for those who want a core Polynesian experience. Call on Raiatea and its reef-bound lagoon and Taha'a, it's companion island, where you'll enjoy a full day of exploration. Then sail to Bora Bora, and her siren sister, Moorea. There's a reason these islands are world-renowned - their beauty is unmatched.
Day 1. Embark Paul Gauguin in Papeete, Tahiti
Begin your journey to a paradise in the capital of Tahiti, the largest and most populated of the French Polynesian islands. Here you'll embark Paul Gauguin . This luxurious yet casual, ultra-deluxe vessel will be your home for the next week. With an endless choice of things to do, from relaxing poolside with a book to playing the slots in the casino, you will never be bored.
Day 2. Raiatea
You will have the day to explore the island that was once the cultural, religious, royal and political heart of Polynesia, and, according to legend, and lore, as well as Tahiti's most significant archaeological sites. Ancient Polynesians built maraes, or temples, of stone in many sizes. The maraes provided a physical space for the spirit of the gods to occupy during ritual ceremonies, as did the carved wooden tikis for which the region is famous. Be sure to visit Taputapuatea, a national monument and the most important marae in the Society Islands. We will bid adieu to Raiatea just before dinner and set sail with the compass set for Motu Mahana.
Day 3. Taha'a (Motu Mahana)
Motu Mahana, an islet adjacent to Taha'a, is our very own South Seas paradise featuring white sand beaches with swaying palms, crystal-clear waters and gentle breezes. As an exclusive Paul Gauguin event, guests will spend a full day exploring this idyllic, isolated island, and relaxing with a delicious barbecue lunch and Polynesian entertainment featuring strolling musicians and singers.
Day 4. Bora Bora
Immediately recognizable by the basalt tombstone of Mount Otemanu rising from the ocean, this half-atoll, half-mountain is surrounded by a spectacular lagoon and a series of smaller islands. Ancient Polynesians called it Parapora, or “firstborn,” because they thought it was the first island created after Raiatea.
Day 5. Bora Bora
Explore more of this magical isle on your own or on a choice of optional shore excursions. Choose from several, like a jitney tour on “Le Truck,” or a 4-wheel-drive safari, or a glass-bottom boat ride. We will set sail before dinner, enjoying a relaxing evening on board.
Day 6. Moorea
Covered in an abundance of fresh fruits and flowers, spectacular mountain peaks, peaceful multi-hued lagoons and palm-fringed beaches – Moorea's awesome beauty is unsurpassed. During your visit, you might wish to shop for local crafts, embark on a dolphin-watching expedition with a marine biologist and witness these fascinating animals in their amazing natural habitat, or try out some of the local pineapples – said to be the most delicious in all of French Polynesia. An overnight here affords us two full days on Bora Bora's gorgeous sister island.
Day 7. Moorea/Papeete (Tahiti)
Explore more of this peaceful oasis. Perhaps you will choose to trek on the “Trails of the Ancients” or snorkel one of the world's most beautiful lagoons. At the end of the afternoon, we cruise to our home port in Papeete, docking for the night.
Day 8. Disembark in Papeete
Cap off your epic journey where it all began. You won't be the same as when you first set sail – these exotic isles are said to touch people in magical ways. If you want to explore more of this side of paradise, perhaps you will choose our pre- and post-cruise hotel programs in Huahine, Bora Bora, Moorea, Taha'a and Papeete.
For departure dates please click here
Please inquire for latest pricing
- Spacious, all-oceanview suites and staterooms, nearly 70% with balconies
- All onboard gratuities included
- Complimentary beverages including select wines and spirits, soft drinks, bottled water and hot beverages served throughout the ship
- In-suite bar setup and butler service in categories B and above
- Complimentary 24-hour room service
- Refrigerator replenished daily with soft drinks, beer and bottled water
- Space ratio of 58 – among the highest at sea
- Complimentary use of our exclusive, private white sand beach in Bora Bora with bar service, volleyball, and great snorkeling.
- Complimentary day on our private islet, Motu Mahana—off the coast of Taha'a featuring snorkeling, watersports, barbecue with full bar service, and Polynesian hospitality