2016 Formula 1® Australian Grand Prix - Attendance Conditions
Entry to the Formula One event (as defined in the Australian Grands Prix Act 1994 (Vic) (Act)) known as the 2016 FORMULA 1 AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX (Event) by any person (Patron) is subject to the following conditions:
Acceptance of Event Rules
1. The term ‘Patron’ in these Attendance Conditions includes any person who, at any time, holds or purchases or otherwise acquires a ticket, pass, credential or other authorisation sold or granted by the Australian Grand Prix Corporation (AGPC) allowing entry to the Event (Ticket).
2. Every Patron’s Ticket or entry to and presence at the Event is subject to:
a. these Attendance Conditions, as amended by AGPC from time to time (displayed at Event entrances, viewable at www.grandprix.com.au and available by contacting AGPC directly);
b. the Act and regulations made under the Act;
c. the Major Sporting Events Act 2009 (Vic); and
d. any reasonable directions issued by AGPC, which includes its representatives and any person appointed as an authorised person under the Act (Authorised Person)
(collectively, Event Rules).
3. By entering the Event or holding a Ticket, Patrons accept and understand as binding the Event Rules and any accompanying risks, obligations and responsibilities. It is each Patron’s responsibility to inform him or herself of all the Event Rules.
4. Any Patron in breach of any Event Rules may be refused entry or directed to leave the Event by AGPC or may be otherwise liable at law, including to a penalty issued under the Act.
Warnings and releases
5. WARNING – MOTOR RACING, THE EVENT AND ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THE EVENT (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, SUPPORT EVENTS) ARE DANGEROUS AND ACCIDENTS CAN HAPPEN. THERE IS A POSSIBILITY OF AN ACCIDENT CAUSING INJURY, DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE OR ECONOMIC LOSS.
6. Upon entering the Event, each Patron provides this release to AGPC and the Associated Entities*: AGPC and the Associated Entities are not liable to me or to any person with me for (regardless of how or when the liability is caused, or by whom it is caused and regardless of whether such liability or claims are for negligence (excluding gross negligence), breach of contract, breach of statutory duty or any other liability or claim recognised at law):
a) my death, injury to me or the injury or death of anybody else with me;
b) damage to, destruction of, theft of or unauthorised delivery up of any of my property or equipment, whether authorised or not; or
c) damage to, destruction of, theft of or delivery up of any of my clothing or other personal items; And, in respect of all of the subject matter of each of (a), (b) and (c), I release AGPC and the other the Associated Entities from any liability or claim, which I do or might, or which anybody with me does or might have or in the future might or would have against AGPC or the other the Associated Entities.
* Associated Entities means the Crown in right of the State of Victoria, the Minister administering the Act, the Minister administering the Crown Land (Reserves) Act 1978 (Vic), Federation Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA), Formula One Marketing Limited, Formula One Hospitality and Event Services Limited (UK), Formula One Management Limited (FOM), Formula One World Championship Ltd (FOWC), Formula One Asset Management Limited, Formula One Licensing B.V., Confederation of Australian Motor Sport Ltd, Parks Victoria, State Sport Centres Trust, APP Corporation Pty Ltd and all other persons involved in the conduct, promotion and organisation of the Event including officials, marshals, rescue and medical staff, competitors and drivers (such parties to include where relevant all directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors and affiliated companies and their respective personnel).
7. AGPC and the Associated Entities do not make any warranty that the Event or any services connected with the Event will be provided with due care and skill or that any materials or equipment provided in connection with the services will be fit for the purposes for which they are supplied. Patrons acknowledge that, to the extent that any warranty is implied by law it is excluded to the full extent permitted by law.
8. AGPC and the Associated Entities acknowledge that each release or exclusion of liability in this document is subject to any law which forbids that release or exclusion of liability including the Australian Consumer Law (which is part of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and the Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Act 2012 (Vic)). AGPC and the Associated Entities agree that each release or exclusion of liability in these Attendance Conditions is amended to the extent that any right under the Australian Consumer Law and the Fair Trading Act cannot be excluded.
FOREGOING RIGHTS UNDER THE COMPETITION AND CONSUMER ACT 2010 (CTH)
Under the Australian Consumer Law (which is part of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)), several guarantees are implied into contracts for the supply of certain goods and services. You agree that the application of all or any of the provisions of Subdivision B of Division 1 of Part 3-2 of the Australian Consumer Law (i.e. guarantees relating to the supply of services), the exercise of rights conferred by those provisions, and any liability of AGPC and the other Associated Entities for a failure to comply with any such guarantees, are excluded.
However, such exclusion is limited to liability for:
- death, physical or mental injury (including aggravation, acceleration or recurrence of such an injury of the individual);
- contraction, aggravation or acceleration of a disease of an individual; or
- the coming into existence, the aggravation, acceleration or recurrence of any other condition, circumstance, occurrence, activity, form of behaviour, course of conduct or state of affairs in relation to an individual that is or may be harmful or disadvantageous to the individual or the community or that may result in harm or disadvantage to the individual or the community.
This exclusion does not apply to significant personal injury suffered by the reckless conduct of AGPC and the other Associated Entities.
FOREGOING RIGHTS UNDER THE AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW AND FAIR TRADING ACT 2012 (VIC)
Under the Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Act 2012 (Vic)(Vic FTA) several conditions are implied into contracts for the supply of certain goods and services. These conditions mean that the supplier, being AGPC and the other Associated Entities, is required to ensure that the recreational services it supplies are:
- rendered with due care and skill; and
- as fit for the purpose for which they are commonly bought as it is reasonable to expect in the circumstances; and
- reasonably fit for any particular purpose or might reasonably be expected to achieve any result you have made known to the supplier.
Under section 22 of the Vic FTA, a supplier is entitled to ask you to agree that these conditions do not apply. If you enter the Event, you will be agreeing that your rights to sue AGPC and the Associated Entities under the Vic FTA if you are killed or injured because the services were not rendered with due care and skill or they were not reasonably fit for their purpose, are excluded, restricted or modified in the way set out in these Attendance Conditions.
NOTE: The change to your rights, as set out in this form, does not apply if your death or injury is due to gross negligence on a supplier's part. Gross negligence, in relation to an act or omission, means doing the act or omitting to do an act with reckless disregard, with or without consciousness, for the consequences of the act or omission. See regulation 5 of the Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Regulations 2012 (Vic) and section 22(3)(b) of the Vic FTA.
9. Each release or exclusion of liability in this document is for the benefit of AGPC and each of the other Associated Entities and held on trust by AGPC for each of the other Associated Entities so that each of the Associated Entities may enforce those provisions against each Patron. Patrons also acknowledge that AGPC may enforce each release and exclusion of liability in these Attendance Conditions against each Patron on behalf of any of the other Associated Entities on the basis that AGPC is their agent or trustee.
10. Patrons are responsible for the safety and security of their own personal property and hereby release AGPC from any liability for loss or damage to any personal property brought into the Event area.
11. The Event takes place outdoors, so conditions may vary (including access, seating, protection from weather, terrain and available facilities). Some areas at the Event are exposed to direct sunlight and heat. Patrons should take appropriate care for their own wellbeing at the Event including hydration and sun protection.
12. At the Event, Patrons must not, without the prior written consent of AGPC:
a. enter the racetrack;
b. remain at the area used for the Event outside the published closing times of the Event;
c. leave the Event other than through a designated exit;
d. remove any glass object from a reserved area;
e. enter any fenced or cordoned off area, or interfere with any activity undertaken by AGPC in any fenced or cordoned off area;
f. erect any structure;
g. pick, damage or uproot any tree or shrub, disturb or interfere with any fauna, or excavate any part of Albert Park;
h. climb or remain on any tree or structure;
i. post, stick or place any poster, placard, bill, banner, print, paper or any advertising material on any building, structure, fence or tree;
j. distribute any printed or visual matter;
k. promote any advertising or promotional material, samples of goods or services or any other matter or thing or otherwise engage in ambush marketing;
l. distribute, hawk, sell, offer or expose for sale any goods or services or collect money or orders from Patrons for goods and services;
m. sell, offer or make available for sale, or give away any Ticket;
n. conduct public surveys or opinion polls, solicit money, donations or subscriptions from members of the public;
o. misuse, deface, damage, or tamper with any building or thing;
p. block any thoroughfare;
r. throw or kick any stone, bottle or other projectile;
s. disrupt, interrupt or behave in any manner that may disrupt or interrupt any official or employee or contractor of AGPC, or any race, event or activity;
t. act or conduct oneself in such a way as to hinder, obstruct or interfere with a driver of any vehicle taking part in a race or to adversely affect the safety of the public;
u. deliberately obstruct the view of any Patron seated in a seat in the immediate vicinity, or cause unreasonable inconvenience to any Patron, official or employee or contractor of AGPC, or interfere with the comfort of any Patron or their enjoyment of the Event;
v. use racist, indecent or obscene language or threatening or insulting words or otherwise behave in a threatening, abusive, riotous, indecent or insulting manner;
w. enter or remain, or cause any person to enter or remain, in the Albert Park Lake;
x. interfere with, obstruct or hinder AGPC or an Authorised Person in the exercise of his or her powers, functions or duties;
y. operate or use a loud hailer, public address system or other device which may interfere with electronic or radio communications being used by AGPC;
z. engage in conduct that might corrupt a betting outcome of a betting event or contingency;
aa. ignite any flare or firework, explosive of smoke bomb;
bb. busk or conduct similar entertainment;
cc. become intoxicated or use banned drugs;
dd. supply alcohol to minors;
ee. refuse to follow any reasonable direction issued by AGPC; or
ff. smoke in a designated ‘no smoking’ area.
13. Patrons must not, without the prior written consent of AGPC, have in their possession at the Event, or bring into the Event any:
a. alcoholic beverage (unless purchased at the Event);
b. glass bottle or glass container (unless purchased at the Event);
c. beverage container with the manufacturer’s seal broken (unless purchased at the Event);
d. hard cased esky or ice box (polystyrene eskies and cooler bags acceptable);
e. chair, lounge, bench or stool, other than a folding chair or folding stool;
f. clothing bearing any racist, indecent or obscene language or images;
g. prohibited or controlled weapon, firearm, or any dangerous goods;
h. animal, other than an assistance dog;
i. metal flag or banner pole longer (or extending to longer) than 1 metre, or any flag or banner which could reasonably be used in contravention of Attendance Condition 12(u);
j. whistle, loud hailer, horn or bugle;
k. flare, firework, laser pointer, or distress signal;
l. public address system, electronic equipment, broadcast equipment or similar device which may interfere with broadcast equipment or similar device being used by AGPC or other persons authorised by AGPC in connection with the Event;
m. vehicle including any golf buggy, bicycle, skateboard, roller skates, roller blades or scooter;
n. item the possession of which does not have an ordinary and reasonable use by a Patron at the Event and which may be used to damage or deface property, buildings or any part of the area used for the Event (including without limitation any spray paint), disrupt or interrupt the Event, hinder, obstruct or interfere with any driver taking part in the Event, adversely affect public safety, excavate any part of the area used for the Event or erect any structure;
o. item in such quantity that a reasonable person could infer that the item is to be used for commercial purposes;
p. goods or tickets for the purpose of sale or commercial distribution to Patrons;
q. camera lenses with a physical length greater than 400mm or any other item which might reasonably obstructs the view of any other Patron; or
r. photographic, video or audio recording equipment AGPC reasonably considers may be used in breach of Attendance Condition 32, which may include (without limitation) audio recorders, camera tripods, monopods or any digital recording equipment.
14. To ensure compliance with Attendance Condition 13, AGPC may, at any time, require a Patron to open for inspection any vehicle, bag, basket or other receptacle, or turn out their pockets. Patrons who fail to comply with such a request may be refused entry or directed to leave the Event.
15. Any consent to any item brought into the Event given by AGPC may be revoked by AGPC at any time. If such consent is withdrawn, the Patron must immediately relinquish the prohibited item to AGPC or leave the Event immediately.
16. AGPC may direct any Patron at any time at the Event to produce a valid Ticket.
17. At all times, Tickets remain the property of AGPC. Tickets may not be sold, on-sold, exchanged for fee or reward or other valuable consideration or otherwise commercially dealt with (including for advertising or other promotional purposes such as prizes, contests or sweepstakes) without the prior written consent of AGPC or FOWC (acting in their absolute discretion). If granting such consent, AGPC or FOWC may attach additional conditions to any Tickets as they see fit. If a Ticket has been dealt with in contravention of this Attendance Condition, the bearer of the Ticket may be refused entry or directed to leave the Event.
18. If a Ticket has been acquired on a concession basis and the Patron is unable to show concession identification to the satisfaction of AGPC (for example State Government Seniors Card, Pensioner Concession Card or Full Time Student Card (including International)) at any time during the Event, the Patron may be refused entry or directed to leave the Event by AGPC.
19. Each Patron must keep his or her Ticket safe and in good condition, as AGPC is not obliged to replace any Ticket under any circumstances, including but not limited to loss or theft – however AGPC may, in its sole and absolute discretion, replace a Ticket which has been lost or stolen (and may charge a fee for that replacement).
20. Each Patron’s entry to the Event is not transferable. If a Patron is exiting the Event and seeks re-entry, the Patron’s hand must be stamped to regain entry on the same day. The stamp must be shown together with a valid Ticket for that day to regain entry.
21. In relation Tickets issued on the basis that the Patron is a child of, or under a certain age:
a. AGPC or its representatives may require evidence of the child Patron’s age or make a reasonable assessment of the Patron’s age in which case AGPC’s or its representative’s assessment will be final and determinative;
b. the Patron’s age shall be determined as at the date the ticket is presented for entry to the Event (not the date of purchase); and
c. if AGPC (or its representative) assesses any Patron bearing a Children’s Ticket to be older than the age applicable to the Ticket, AGPC may:
i. refuse entry or direct the Patron to leave the Event without refund; or
ii. direct the person to purchase a Ticket that is available to persons of that age.
22. Each child Patron must be accompanied by an adult Patron (18 or over) at all times at the Event.
23. Patrons who accompany children at the Event are responsible for the care, conduct and supervision of those children and must keep those children within sight at all times, particularly when in the vicinity of Albert Park Lake. Children may not be permitted to enter certain areas at the Event for safety or responsible service of alcohol reasons as determined or advised by AGPC in its absolute discretion.
Changes to the Event
24. Patrons acknowledge that the dates of the Event are not set until fixed by FIA in the confirmed calendar for the 2016 Formula 1 season, which FIA will release in late 2015. If a Ticket is acquired prior to the dates of the Event being confirmed by the FIA, the Patron acknowledges and agrees that the provisional dates of the Event may change and that the Patron will not be entitled to a refund in such circumstances. If the published provisional dates are changed, such changes will be published at www.grandprix.com.au and each acquired Ticket will be valid for the rescheduled dates. AGPC otherwise reserves the right to add, withdraw or substitute any drivers, performers or activities including any concerts or other entertainment associated with the Event, vary programs, other conveniences and attractions and audience capacity from time to time.
25. AGPC will not be liable to any Patron for any loss or damage (including indirect or consequential loss or damage) suffered as a result of or arising from or in any way connected to cancellation, postponement or change to the Event (or any part thereof).
26. Impressions and maps of the Event area published by AGPC are approximate only. Natural or other obstructions may impede viewing in some areas and no reliance should be placed on impressions or maps when purchasing Tickets. Locations and size of seating, viewing areas and other conveniences and attractions may vary. AGPC reserves the right to determine actual and final location of seating, viewing areas and other conveniences and attractions without notice.
27. Subject to Attendance Condition 26, if AGPC makes significant changes (as determined by AGPC in its absolute discretion) to a Patron’s pre-booked reserved seating arrangements, AGPC will use all reasonable endeavours to notify the Patron directly of such changes. If the Patron does not accept the revised reserved seating arrangement, AGPC will offer an exchange of the Ticket for an available Ticket of the same or lower face value. If the exchanged Ticket is still not acceptable to the Patron, AGPC will offer to refund any payments made by the Patron for the Ticket.
28. Except as set out in Attendance Condition 29 below, payments made to AGPC for Tickets will not be refunded under any circumstances. For example, refunds will not be issued for:
a. the non-appearance of any particular person, group or personality such as a team, driver, performer or band (whether advertised or not);
b. any variation to the on-track Event program, conveniences and attractions such as postponement or cancellation of any part of the Formula One program by race stewards;
c. any variation to the off-track Event program, conveniences and attractions such as postponement or cancellation of any entertainment, amusements or interactive display;
d. any adverse weather conditions; and
e. any other circumstance beyond the reasonable control of the AGPC.
29. AGPC will refund payments made by Patrons to AGPC for Tickets only in the following limited circumstances:
a. on a particular day of the Event, less than 1 hour of on-track activity (which includes any Formula One, exhibition events and support category sessions, subject to the following:
i. if the Ticket is a single day Ticket – Patron will receive a refund of the value of the single day Ticket; or
ii. if the Ticket is a 4-day Ticket – Patron will receive a refund of a fair portion of the value of the Ticket depending on the relevant day cancelled, the value of such refund to be reasonably determined by AGPC;
b. the entire Event is cancelled and cannot be rescheduled; and
c. in accordance with Attendance Condition 27 (significant change in reserved seating arrangements).
30. In respect of a Ticket for which no monetary consideration has been paid to AGPC, no refund or other costs will be paid or payable to the holder of such Ticket in the event of cancellation, postponement or change to the Event, or for any other reason whatsoever.
31. Nothing in the Event Rules affects Patrons’ rights under Schedule 2 to the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or similar legislation regarding consumer guarantees, implied conditions and warranties to the extent that such consumer guarantees, implied conditions or warranties cannot be excluded by law.
32. Without limiting any action available to AGPC pursuant to the Act or any amendment thereof, it is a condition of entry to the Event that Patrons must not make, create, store, record, transmit, reproduce or use any kind of sound recording, visual footage or audio-visual footage (Recording), and any image, including photographic images and any still pictures derived or capable of being derived from a Recording (Image) of the Event, or store, record, transmit, reproduce or use any information or other data, including official timing, results, performance, telemetry, weather or race control data (Data) of, at, or in relation to the Event for any form of public advertisement, transmission, display or for profit or commercial gain or for any other purpose, without the prior written consent of AGPC or FOWC – except for the private enjoyment of the person making the Recording, Data or Image. In any event, Patrons must not post any Recording on any social media platform that exceeds 5 seconds in length (even if the posting of such Recording is intended for private enjoyment).
33. If a Patron makes, creates, records, transmits, reproduces or uses any Recording or Image of, at or in relation to the Event or any part of it with or without the consent of AGPC or FOWC, the Patron must:
a. on request by AGPC or FOWC assign, in writing, all copyright and all other intellectual property in any such Image or Recording to FOWC or its assignees or nominees as directed by AGPC or FOWC; and
b. consent to use by AGPC, FOWC and any third parties authorised by them from time to time for the purposes of or in connection with any publication, exhibition or broadcast (including any advertising or promotional material) in any media worldwide of any such Recording or Image taken at the Event which includes any images of Patrons and Patrons waive any and all of their personality and privacy rights to the extent necessary to permit such use.
Use of likeness
34. Patrons acknowledge that AGPC, FOWC and third parties authorised by AGPC may make, create, store, record, transmit, reproduce or use Recordings and Images or any likenesses at or in relation to the Event (including, without limitation, of Patrons). Unless the Patron otherwise reaches an agreement with AGPC or FOWC, each Patron hereby grants the FIA, FOWC, FOM, AGPC and third parties authorised by them permission to use Recordings or Images, or other images or likenesses of the Patron including sound recordings, in any media (including publication within and outside Victoria, Australia) and for any purpose without identification, compensation or payment of any kind. Patrons can contact AGPC in order to reach such an agreement.
35. AGPC collects personal information (within the meaning of Australian privacy legislation) about Patrons which is necessary for it to operate the Event and to help promote the Event and subsequent Australian
Grands Prix or Australian Motorcycle Grands Prix and related and similar events. In particular, AGPC may collect the name, address, email address and phone number of Patrons for the purposes of coordinating the seating and/or viewing arrangements at the Event and of conducting research, marketing and promotional activities in relation to the Event and such other subsequent events. Unless the Patron otherwise notifies AGPC, each Patron hereby consents to:
a. receiving future promotional and marketing material from AGPC, including via electronic messages (e.g. email, SMS, via social media sites etc), and telephoning the Patron for an indefinite period; and
b. the disclosure of their personal information by AGPC to research, marketing and promotional organisations for these purposes unless the Patron.
36. Patrons have certain rights to access their personal information held by AGPC and can request access by contacting the AGPC Privacy Officer at Level 5, 616 St Kilda Road, Melbourne Victoria 3004.
37. Under the Act, AGPC controls the Event area during the Event. At all times AGPC or its representatives, including any Authorised Person, may with reasonable cause refuse entry to any Patron or direct any Patron to leave the Event. In particular, any person who does not comply with the Event Rules may be refused entry or directed to leave the Event.
38. Patrons acknowledge and agree that any part or parts of these Attendance Conditions which contravene law are not enforceable (or part or parts thereof) are severable to the extent any are not enforceable and this does not invalidate the remaining Attendance Conditions.
39. These Attendance Conditions are governed by the laws of Victoria.
Anyone with an enquiry in relation to these Attendance Conditions should call 1800 100 030 or email [email protected]
Get a Trip Quote Order a Brochure