The France Rail Pass gives you extensive travel on the national rail network of France. Choose a continuous-day pass for 2, 4, 5, 8 or 15 travel days; or a flexi pass offering 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 or 15 travel days to be used within a 1 month period. Special rates are available for 2 or more people traveling together, children, youth and seniors.
At Rail Europe, we know you can only truly experience the wonders of a local culture by immersing yourself in it. That’s what a rail pass in France permits. You go to and from amazing city-centers like Paris and Cannes surrounded by like-minded adventurers and friendly locals. And traveling within France by train lets you avoid worrying about airline schedules, gas prices or road signs. Besides, who could appreciate the aroma of hand-pressed cheeses from an airplane? Or indulge in the intoxicating fruits of a Loire Valley winery from a passing car? Having a rail pass in France allows you to indulge in all the local flavors as much as the locals, in high speed comfort and ease.
There’s simply no better way to experience the authentic stylish and fragrant France. Whether winding your way through fields of lavender, exploring the Alps, or satisfying your need to conquer by retracing Napoleon’s footsteps, France awaits.
Benefits and Features
- Unlimited rail travel on the national rail network of France.
- 1st and 2nd class.
- Validity: any 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, or 9 days unlimited train travel within a 1-month period.
- Travel days may be used consecutively or nonconsecutively.
- Saverpass for 2 or more traveling together.
- Youth pass for travelers under 26 on their first day of travel.
- Senior pass, in 1st class only, for travelers 60 or more years of age on their first day of travel.
- Discounted fare for children ages 4-11.
- Children under 4 are free when sharing an adult passenger’s accommodations/seat.
NOTE: Bonuses are subject to change and availability. Client is responsible to confirm bonuses locally.
- Valid one way on RER Line B* from Paris Charles de Gaulle airport and Paris Nord Station only *Prior to boarding RER, proceed to the RER ticket counter and request a “contremarque” voucher
- Special Passholder fare on Eurostar, Thalys, TGV Lyria, Bruxelles-France TGV, Paris-Germany Night Train, TGV, Teoz and Lunea (overnight) trains.
Conditions of Use
- Residents of Europe, Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, or Turkey are not eligible to purchase or use a France Rail Pass.
- Passes must be validated within 6 months of issue date by a railway official in France (station’s desk) who also fills in the passport number.
- All parties must be present when validating a Saverpass and all must travel together.
- Passes must be validated prior to boarding 1st train or using a bonus.
- The date of travel has to be entered before boarding the first train/bonus, by the traveler, in the corresponding box of the calendar.
- When traveling around Paris, you may use one day of your travel to travel on the RER line C. Prior to boarding RER, proceed to the RER ticket counter and request a “contremarque” voucher.
France Rail Passes must be stapled in an All Aboard ticket cover.
Get a Trip Quote Order a Brochure