Fiji Luxury Holidays
Bula! This traditional Fijian greeting welcomes you to the paradise of your dreams. Comprised of 330 islands across some 320,000 square kilometres of sea, its people are friendly, smiling and always ready to entertain you. Be amazed by traditional "fire walking", still performed today. Fiji's sun-drenched palm-fringed island resorts are among the best in the world. C'mon Downunder with Island Escapes... by Goway to Fiji and the beautiful South Pacific.
Fiji is a great stopover en route to Downunder, travelling around the Pacific or around the World.
It is also a fabulous one-stop vacation destination. Let us custom make an escape for you that also includes the best airfare.
Fiji is perfect for honeymoons.
GETTING MARRIED IN FIJI
Requirements for Application for Marriage License Overseas visitors intending to get married in Fiji are required by law to obtain and sign a marriage license of their choice from the nearest marriage registry prior to the marriage ceremony. It is important that the marriage parties must provide the following personal papers:
- Original Birth certificate for both the Bride & Groom
- Passport with the valid legal status of applicants
- Divorce Papers (If divorce granted in the last 5 years - please confirm current marital status)
- Death certificate if a spouse died
- Certificate of Single Status (or) Certificate of no legal impediment is required to be produced by the following:
- Marriage Applicants where one party is a local and the other is a foreign citizen
- Marriage Applicants who were former citizens of Fiji
- Marriage applicants who are foreigners and residing in Fiji
- Consent of the father, if one of the parties is under 21 years (or) mother if the father dies. The valid marriage age in Fiji is 16 years old for females and 18 years for males. The presence and names of two witnesses who are 21 years of age and over.
- Marriage applicants from Asian countries including China, the Philippines, Pakistan, India, Korea must apply one month in advance and produce police clearance together with other translated personal documents.
Application form for the special license can be obtained from the Head Office of the Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages in Suva, the Divisional Registrar Offices either in Lautoka or Labasa or any offices of the District Offices. This License is valid only for 28 days from the date of issue. [within which the marriage may be performed is stated in the license] and the marriage officer should satisfy himself/herself that the license is still in force.
In the event the client requires an Apostle Stamp on their Wedding Certificate, there will be an extra charge. At the present time, it is estimated at F$150.00. This is a Government Levy and is subject to change without notice.
Please note: The information provided above is to be used only as a guide. We advise in all cases that you contact the relevant official government offices of the destination at which you choose to marry, for up-to-date legal requirements, before booking your wedding.
Get a Trip Quote Order a Brochure