Frequently Asked Questions for Holidays of a Lifetime
Goway is proud of its Holidays of a Lifetime small group touring experiences and it is only these tours which carry our "Promise of Something Special". If you are thinking about joining us on one of our trips, but still have some questions, our list of Frequently Asked Questions and their anwers might help. We look forward to you joining us.
What do you mean by "HOLIDAYS OF A LIFETIME"?
We needed a term to differentiate our "special" Goway escorted touring experiences not only from traditional tour operators, but also from all other travel ideas we offer at Goway. We only operate ten HOLIDAYS OF A LIFETIME to enhance their exclusivity. We also registered the trademark and bought the web address.
What do all Goway HOLIDAYS OF A LIFETIME offer or include?
This answer can vary each year as we are constantly enhancing our special program. Currently all programs with the HOLIDAYS OF A LIFETIME designation feature or include:
- Are professionally escorted by an experienced Goway tour director.
- All accommodations are first class or better.
- Luxury touring coaches are used where ground touring is involved.
- For single travellers, we offer a twin-share guarantee if they do not want to pay the single supplement. We will match you up with another single traveller of the same gender. If a roommate is not available you will enjoy a single room at no extra charge. Note, you must be willing not to smoke in your hotel room and accept that compatibility with your roommate cannot be guaranteed.
- You do not have to tip while on tour as all gratuities are handled by your Goway escort. However, at the end of your HOLIDAYS OF A LIFETIME you will undoubtedly wish to tip your escort.
- All sightseeing that is included in your itinerary is included unless it specifically states otherwise. You will find no hidden extras
- All local taxes (eg. GST, hotel) are included in your Goway Holidays of a Lifetime
- While on tour, your luggage handling is taken care of.
- Most meals are included in your itinerary, specifically identified by BLD (breakfast, lunch and dinner). All HOLIDAYS OF A LIFETIME tours include specific "unique dining" experiences again as specified in the itinerary.
- Every passenger will receive a "Travel Companion" booklet unique to Goway. As well as supplying information and fun facts, it also serves as a day-to-day diary.
- Other goodies are included such as a "Goway I'm Sleeping" neck pillow, a flight bag, travel wallet, baggage tags as well as a souvenir group photo.
- Full comprehensive insurance is available at a great reduced rate.
What is not included in a Goway HOLIDAYS OF A LIFETIME?
Goway HOLIDAYS OF A LIFETIME do not include:
- International airfares from North American gateway cities are not included in your tour cost as well as any internal flights that are mentioned in your itinerary. Please note however that Goway can arrange all your airfares. Ask about our advantageous specially priced fares.
- Departure and local taxes that have to be paid in conjunction with your air ticket.
- A supplement for those wishing to travel as a "single". Please see you specific HOLIDAYS OF A LIFETIME for this charge. This can be saved if you are willing to share
- Comprehensive travel insurance, which we can provide at a favoured rate. Insurance is compulsory. If you choose not to purchase our insurance, proof of coverage will be required
- Additional insurance will have to be paid if you wish to travel as a single or want to cover any other additional costs such as add-on airfares or, particularly, tour deviations (should you do this).
- Meals and snacks not included in your specific itinerary as well as any wines and beverages not specifically included.
- Items of a personal nature. These would include such things as souvenirs, telephone calls and laundry (your Goway tour director will advise and make recommendations enroute).
All itineraries have a "Fun Theme". What do you mean?
This feature is also unique to Goway. On each departure we put emphasis on a particular "theme" to give additional "flavoring" to your HOLIDAYS OF A LIFETIME. The particular emphasis is usually one of the following:
- Animal and Plant Life Code A
- Food and Wine Code F
- Geography and History Code G
- Lifestyles and Native Culture Code L
All themes are actually covered in every tour so don't be concerned if the date you must travel does not have your preferred theme.
How long has Goway been operating HOLIDAYS OF A LIFETIME?
Goway's origins go back in 1970 were as a "tour operator" and we have always believed in providing travellers with a holiday of a lifetime. In 1983 we decided to distinguish these from other ideas we and our competitors offer.
What is the age group of Goway HOLIDAYS OF A LIFETIMErs?
The ages of our travellers has varied from the mid 20's to the 70's. We've even had a young couple marry on our tour. The average age however would be mid to late 50's.
Can I modify your itinerary to allow me, for instance, to visit friends at the end of the tour?
Yes this is possible. If you want to break the program, say in the middle of the itinerary, it may be uneconomical for you and it would be better for us to arrange a separate personalized itinerary. Just let us know what you would like to do so we can make the right recommendations.
Can we upgrade our airfare and accommodations?
There is no problem for us to arrange for an upgrade of your air arrangements if arranged through Goway at an additional cost providing there is space available. Even if you are prepared to pay more for your accommodations it is not our policy do this. All accommodations are first class or better.
I am more of an independent traveller so why would I go on an escorted tour?
We also agree that you wouldn't want to go on a regular and traditional escorted tour, and that is why we go to great lengths to separate our program from others. We only operate limited departing small groups to enhance local experiences.
Our focus is on taking all the hassles away from independent travel (virtually everything is pre-arranged & included) so that maximum time is spent experiencing & enjoying each days activities. It is Goway's tour director's job to make the difference (they know about things you would never find in guide books) as well as offering the security of instant assistance in a strange land. You won't feel isolated and lonely as you will also be sharing your experiences with other interesting Goway Travellers, many of whom will become your friends for life.
What is the size of your groups?
Our traveller group size is limited, with the objective of keeping our HOLIDAYS OF A LIFETIME more intimate and personalized. For Asia, Africa and Latin America we believe 20 is the best maximum. For Downunder, conditions are a little different and we allow additional travellers to join us for the Australia only or New Zealand only portions.
- As mentioned elsewhere, our escorted touring experiences carry "Goway's promise of something special" and we feel we can only guarantee this in areas we specialize in such as DOWNUNDER, ASIA, AFRICA and LATIN AMERICA. Most of our competitors are traditional North American and/or European large group tour operators who venture into exotic long haul destinations.
- Always check for "hidden extras" or for what is not included. We will not mislead you into thinking more is included than what we offer.
- Many competitors operate a tour "series" - in other words, a lot of tours. We operate limited but exclusive departures where we can maintain uniqueness and deliver "our promise of something special".
- Our HOLIDAYS OF A LIFETIME concept focuses on providing the ultimate experience and not just another tour.
Get a Trip Quote Order a Brochure