The Overland Features
Guests on The Overland have the choice of two levels of service as you travel between Adelaide and Melbourne; Red Service and Red Premium Service. Red Service offers a value for money option with all the comforts you need, while Red Premium gives guests more services and more personal space. Both service levels offer ample room to move around the train and stretch your legs. The Café Carriage also provides the chance to meet your fellow travelers and socialize in a comfortable, friendly environment.
This option is ideal for travelers looking for an economy option that offers an exceptional level of comfort and freedom to move around. When compared with flying, driving or taking the bus, the seats are more comfortable and offer greater personal leg room.
Red Service seats are two abreast and the plush, reclining seats swivel to face each other if you prefer to mingle with your fellow travelers. For a drink, snack, or just a chance to stretch your legs, visit the licensed Café Carriage.
Red Premium Service
Red Premium Service features include:
- Comfortable reclining seats offer greater personal space. Two seats on one side of the aisle, one seat on the other side
- 67cm pitch between seats
- Access to Café Carriage, where meals are available for purchase
- Limited a la carte in-seat dining served via trolley service
- Snacks are available for purchase from trolley service or Café Carriage
- Free orange juice/water upon boarding
- Free ‘Platform’ magazine
Red Service Cafe Carriage
For a drink, snack, or just the chance to stretch your legs, visit the Café Carriage.
Get a Trip Quote Order a Brochure