July 18, 2013
Goway’s AFRICAExperts raise money for charity on Mandela Day
In honour of Mandela Day (18Jul), Goway’s AFRICAExperts hosted a bake sale at their head office, with the proceeds being donated to conservation.
Mandela Day is a call to action for people to share 67 minutes of their day giving back (67 represents the years Mandela spent as an advocate, activist and leader making a difference and serving others).
“We chose to support the efforts to fight rhino poaching in South Africa,” said Moira Smith, General Manager of Goway’s AFRICAExperts. “It’s reached epidemic proportions and it has to be stopped.”
Goway, in partnership with the Wildlands Conservation Trust, (a non-profit organisation working to conserve South Africa’s biodiversity), is committed to raising funds to support Rhino Conservation efforts.
To further support this cause, Goway will donate $20 for every booking made that features one of their preferred game lodges from now until 30 September 2013.
Goway’s contributions will go towards:
- Equipment for anti-poaching units.
- Funding to upgrade the skills of Anti-Poaching Unit teams and reserve staff
- Funding to maintain informant networks that play a vital role in tips as to when poaching is about to be committed.
- Education and awareness programs in schools and communities.
- Funding for monitoring work which is a 24/7 job.
- Involving the communities in anti-poaching projects.
About Goway Travel
Since 1970, Goway has been providing unforgettable travel experiences to Africa, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, idyllic island destinations and Latin America. Today Goway is recognized as one of North America's leading travel companies for individuals, families and groups to select exotic destinations around the globe. Goway has offices in Los Angeles, Vancouver, Toronto, and Sydney (Australia). For more information visit www.goway.com
Get a Trip Quote Order a Brochure