Sanctuary Yangzi Explorer
Experience the awe-inspiring scenery of the Three Gorges and gain insight into the cultural and historical significance of this important section of the Yangtze River. Travel onboard a deluxe cruise ship with the highest crew-to-passenger ratio of any ship currently operating on the Yangtze. Enjoy a wide range of cultural activities, lectures and shore excursions.
Itinerary highlights and quick facts:
- The total length of this cruise is 660 kilometres (402 miles) and is considered to represent the single most scenic area in all of China
- Choose either a downstream itinerary (3 nights/4 days, from Chongqing to Yichang) or an upstream itinerary (4 nights/5 days, from Yichang to Chongqing) for the same price
- Start your morning with traditional Tai Chi, led by a certified Tai Chi Master
- Shore excursion to Fengdu and the Relocated Village
- Choose from a range of onboard activities including Chinese reflexology, Chinese painting and calligraphy, and lectures
- Includes a local longboat (sampan) poled by Tujia boatmen. Crystalline waters, verdant forests and stunning riverine gorges provide an incredible backdrop for this experience. It’s also interesting to see the Tujia boatmen are still wearing traditional handmade sandals to work on the boats.
- Tour the Three Gorges Project Dam Site and Exhibition Centre. The dam spans 1.2 miles in width and 600 feet in height, and is the largest and most expensive engineering project in the world. The dam’s 32 generators generate a massive amount of electricity which helps reduce China’s reliance on coal.
Get a Trip Quote Order a Brochure