The Spirit of Queensland Overview
The new Spirit of Queensland combines modern seating and entertainment options with the romance of long distance rail travel. Contemporary, comfortable and designed for relaxation, this state of the art train offers new features that will redefine the modern rail travel experience.
Travelling the state's coastline from Cairns to Brisbane and all regions in between, the first service was introduced in October of 2013. Each of the new trains will carry 172 passengers and will boast an Australian first with the revolutionary RailBed seats that convert to a lie-flat bed for overnight travel.
The Spirit of Queensland combines modern seating and entertainment options. It provides two new travel options for customers:
- RailBed sleeper carriages, an Australian first, the revolutionary RailBed that convert from a seat to a lie flat bed
- Seat features include reading light, foot rest, drink holder, 240v power adaptor and USB charging
- State-of-the-art personal entertainment systems featuring a large screen with on-demand movies, music and audio books
- Towel and personal amenity pack with Queensland organic and sustainable products
- Premium economy carriages with new full leather Premium Economy seats
- State-of-the-art personal entertainment systems offering on-demand movies, music and audio books
- Toilets and showers in every carriage
- Access to meals and snacks 24 hours
- Trains will be fitted with closed-circuit television recording throughout the journey to ensure customer safety and security
The Spirit of Queensland fleet will provide guests with a fast, value for money modern rail experience.
Get a Trip Quote Order a Brochure