The Ghan Gold Service
Gold Service is ideal for guests seeking a great train adventure holiday in Australia. Guests choose from twin or single-sleeper cabins. And dine in an elegant Restaurant Car. All meals are included in the Gold Service fare. Relax in the Lounge or socialize with newfound friends.
During the day, the compact Twin Berth Sleeper Cabins offer a comfortable three-seater lounge, converting to an upper and lower sleeping berth at night. Your train journey through Australia will be made even more comfortable with service from our hospitality attendant including fresh sheets, bath towels, pillows, duvets and complimentary toiletries. Twin Berth Sleeper Cabins have private en suite facilities with a hide-away compact toilet, washbasin and shower.
Single Berth Sleeper Cabins feature a comfortable lounge chair and footrest by day and a single-level sleeping berth by night. Cabins are fitted with a washbasin. Showers and toilets are located at either end of the Gold Service carriage.
Gold Service features include:
- Compact sleeper accommodation
- Compact en suite facilities for Twin Share cabins
- Stylish Restaurant Car dining included in your fare, with freshly prepared, delicious meals and waiter service
- Lounge Car for relaxation and refreshments
- Cabin Steward service
- In-cabin music and detailed journey commentary available from your cabin sound system
- Complimentary toiletries kit
- Free ‘Platform’ magazine
- Complimentary tea and coffee are available during your journey
- Gold Service Concession Fares are available.
Gold Service Superior Cabin
If you’d like some extra space and comfort on your train journey on The Ghan, the Gold Service Superior Cabin features a 3/4 size double bed and an additional fold-down single bed. It has its own lounge area with a table, armchairs, a well-stocked bar fridge with complimentary refreshments, a private DVD player and a range of finer appointments to make your journey even more special. A surcharge applies to this cabin and it definitely needs to be booked in advance.
Gold Service Superior Cabin features include:
- 3/4 size double bed
- Double-size cabin (compared to standard Gold Service Twin Berth Sleeper Cabin)
- Compact en suite facilities
- Complimentary chocolates
- Bowl of fruit
- Complimentary in-room mini-bar
- Plunger coffee
- Toiletries pack
- DVD player and selection of titles
- Optional room service for meals
- Complimentary bottle of wine with dinner
Travelling in a world-famous train with views across the vast Australian outback is a marvellous experience and an unforgettable way to explore Australia.
Get a Trip Quote Order a Brochure