Things to Do in Egypt
- Visit the Pyramids of Giza, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
- Take a trip to Cairo's famous labyrinth, the medieval Khan-el Khalili bazaar, where haggling for spices, copper, perfume and trinkets has been refined into an art form.
- Dive in the Red Sea, it deserves its worldwide reputation for underwater adventure.
- Visit Abu Simbel temples, dedicated to the Pharaoh Ramses II and his beloved queen Nefertari.
- Cruise between Luxor and Aswan on the Nile River on board a luxury furnished Dahabiya.
- Wade out with a mask or snorkel or take a glass-bottomed boat from the shores of Sharm el-Sheik for an amazing view of the aquatic life.
- See the great feat of modern engineering of theSuez Canal by boat, the sight of giant tankers plying the narrow channel between the Red Sea with the Mediterranean is simply surreal.
- Climb one of six oases in the vast Western Desert, Siwa Oasis, at sunrise or sunset.
- Tee off at the famous Mena House 18-hole golf course.
- Visit the camel market in Birqash, not the place to buy your souvenirs, but this frenetic trading takes place most mornings and is an entertaining assault on the senses.
- Go to an “ahwa”, a typical café that is basically chairs and tables on the street, a true authentic experience.
- Visit The Valley of the Kings near Luxor.
- Visit Karnak Temple, the largest ancient religious site ever built.
- Sail along the River Nile from Cairo on a 2-hour dinner cruise with a traditional belly dancing and folklore show.
- Witness the spectacular beauty of the Pyramids at night and join a Sound & Light Show at the Pyramids of Giza
- Ride horses or camels in the Giza desert against the backdrop of the pyramids and Great Sphinx.
- Experience an authentic beauty treatment practiced by women all over Egypt at a traditional hammam. Get pampered as you enjoy a cultural experience in a relaxed, women-only environment.
Egypt Travel Information
At Goway we believe that a well-informed traveller is a safer traveller. With this in mind, we have compiled an easy to navigate travel information section dedicated to Egypt.
Learn about the history and culture of Egypt, the must-try food and drink, and what to pack in your suitcase. Read about Egypt's nature and wildlife, weather and geography, along with 'Country Quickfacts' compiled by our travel experts. Our globetrotting tips, as well as our visa and health information will help ensure you're properly prepared for a safe and enjoyable trip. The only way you could possibly learn more is by embarking on your journey and discovering Egypt for yourself. Start exploring… book one of our Egypt tours today!
Extend Your Trip
After your Egypt tours, why not consider one of Goway's Europe Tours
Get a Trip Quote Order a Brochure