Top Things To See and Do in Namibia
- Sink your teeth into the pan fried kebab of Monkfish From the “Skeleton Coast” at Joe’s Beerhouse in Windhoek.
- Sign up for sandboarding lessons in Swakopmund
- Leave your footprints in the most beautiful and breathtaking sand dunes in the world, Sossusvlei. One of the most photographed areas in the world.
- Hike the Fish River Canyon, the second largest canyon in the world. The hike is 85km in length and can take up to 5 days.
- Get ready for Namibia’s big show which starts at dusk when floodlights are turned on to transform the Okaukeujo waterhole into Namibia’s greatest stage.
- Do conservation work at the Africat Foundation, a non profit rehabilitation centre which cares for cheetahs, leopards, lions and endangered wild dogs.
- See Damarland’s rock art. Home to one of the oldest culture groups in the country.
- Track Black Rhino in Damaraland, beleaguered as they are. They are stars of the desert show.
- Watch seals at Cape Cross – a large and smelly colony of Cape Fur Seals
- Tour the abandoned Ghost Town of Kolmanskop in Luderitz.
- Attend the Windhoek Karneval, Namibia’s traditional German festival held every April
- Meet the Himba people and learn their nomadic lifestyle.
Get a Trip Quote Order a Brochure