England - Travel Tips, Visas & Health
Travel Tip for Globetrotters
At Goway we take all reasonable measures to ensure the safety and enjoyment of our “Globetrotters” while they're travelling with us. Our Travel Tips for Globetrotters, complied by the editors of Globetrotting Magazine, is a list of over 60 tips designed to further enhance your experience,and help ensure your own safety while abroad.
What to Pack
It has been said that a person can experience all four seasons in one day in England. As such, it is appropriate to dress in layers to take off or put on, as needed. Waterproof clothing and umbrellas are always a good idea in the UK, and if heading north, warmer clothes should be packed. A light sweater may be necessary throughout the year, however.
A passport is the only reliable and universally accepted identification document, and it proves that you have a right to return to your country. You are strongly advised to always carry a valid passport when travelling to any foreign destination. Crossing international borders can be complicated and sometimes requires many different kinds of documents. Being prepared is the key to easing your way through this process, so make sure you know what documents you need, where to get them, and which ones will make your crossing quick and easy.
- Carry a passport for all trips outside your country.
- Be sure that your passport is still valid.
- Check that your passport is valid for 6 months beyond your date of entry.
- Scan a copy of your passport and email it to yourself or carry it a separate location
- Leave a copy with a trusted friend or relative who is not travelling with you.
- Keep your passport safe while travelling.
- Do not leave it unattended in your luggage, vehicle, hotel or elsewhere.
- Carry it in your money belt, inside coat pocket or purse, or lock it in your hotel safe.
For more information about passports, applications or renewals please visit the links below. All other nationalities please check with your local government websites.
|Government of Canada||US State Department||Government of Australia|
Get a Trip Quote Order a Brochure