Turkey: Travel Information
- Visit the Blue Mosque in Istanbul with its six beautiful minarets.
- Go shopping in the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul - one of the world’s largest and oldest covered markets.
- Visit the ancient city of Troy. You won’t find Brad Pitt or Eric Bana lurking around here but you will find a really fascinating replica of the Trojan horse.
- Take a Hot Air Balloon ride in Cappadocia and see this odd-looking but undeniably beautiful landscape from above.
- Get naked at a hammam. If you’re ready to shed your inhibitions, then head over to the Turkish bath.
- Ride the red street car. One way to see Istiklal Avenue in Istanbul without having to weave your way through the crowds is to ride the streetcar from one end of the strip to another.
- Charter a gulet, a traditional wooden boat, for a leisurely cruise along the Aegean or Mediterranean coast.
- Order Turkish chicken breast pudding. There is nothing appetizing about the thought of this dish.
- Sip tea or smoke a nargile (shisha) as you watch the sunset at one of the traditional cafés beneath Istanbul's Galata Bridge.
- Enjoy a hot spring bath in the incredible pools at Pamukkale
- Catch a ceremony by the renowned Whirling Dervishes who are members of the Mevlevi Order who perform the famous whirling dance known as Sema.
- Experience white-water rafting on the Dalaman River, the Köprülü River, the Zamanti River or the Coruh River.
- Visit Bodrum, home to the Mausoleum of Mausolus, one of the Seven Wonders of the World, and now Turkey's finest Aegean resort.
Get a Trip Quote Order a Brochure