Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, Thailand: Stay of Distinction
- 4 Days
- 4 Days
- On request
DELUXE | PRIVATE-GUIDED: Located directly on the river, this historical landmark with its lush tropical gardens is a favourite luxury establishment with the discerning suitable for both business and leisure.
The legend of the Mandarin Oriental dates back almost 130 years when the hotel first opened its doors as a seaman's lodge along the fabled Chao Phya River. Since that time, the legend has continued to grow and today the Mandarin Oriental is recognized as one of the world's premier city resorts. It is situated just 30 minutes from the airport and only ten minutes from the city center.
Since 1876, the Mandarin Oriental Bangkok has captured the heart and minds of royalty and heads of state, industrialists, authors and artists, of famed travelers from far away places and also local residents.
With a magnificent location on the banks of the fabled River of Kings, luxuriously appointed rooms and suites, 10 dining venues each offering a distinct culinary experience, a superb spa, two swimming pools set in a lush tropical garden and every facility for business and leisure, The Mandarin Oriental is a favored oasis, voted by leading international publications as one of the finest hotels in the world.
- 4 Days
- 4 Days
- On request
Itinerary View Trip Map
Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport to Bangkok Hotel With Guide
Mandarin Oriental Hotel
- Mandarin Oriental Bangkok enjoys a picturesque and tranquil setting on the banks of the Chao Phraya River near the center of Bangkok.
- Hotel has its own pier and offers shuttle boat service to the Thaksin Bridge Skytrain Station.
- Hotel is situated away from the noise and congestion of the city center - yet is convenient to most business addresses and tourist attractions.
- Close by are the Grand Palace - Emerald Buddha and Temple of Dawn.
- It is 45 minutes by car to BKK Airport.- In response to the current COVID-19 pandemic; we have implemented stringent protocols to further safeguard the comfort; health and safety of guests and employees. Existing high standards of health and hygiene have been enhanced and we remain alert to local advice form health experts and government authorities; adapting best practices accordingly. Our measures include health declaration forms on arrival; temperature checks for all guests and colleagues; PPE available for all guests to use during their stay; such as face masks; disinfectant hand sanitisers and disposable gloves; PPE worn by all staff throughout the hotel; significant increases in regular disinfection conducted across all hotel areas; increased cleaning in place of air handling and fan coil units as well as regular maintenance and filter changes; increased cleaning in place of all hard surfaces throughout hotel public areas and in guest rooms; increase anti-viral disinfection measures in place for all in room soft furnishings and surfaces; table distancing measures in dining outlets.
Mandarin Oriental Bangkok-
- Excellently situated within easy reach of all Bangkok main attractions-Mandarin Oriental Bangkok enjoys a peaceful yet central location. The Glorious Chao Phraya River is at our doorstep and leads to Bangkok magnificent temples-palaces-floating markets are all just minutes away. Combining elegant Thai style with seductive modern touches-each of our rooms and suites has its own distinct character.
|Meal Plan||ROOM and ONLY|
Half Day Grand Palace & Wat Pho
This morning, you'll be collected from your hotel at 8:00am to go behind the scenes for a closer look at Thailand's Buddhist culture. Start the morning with a trip to Wat Pho which is one of Bangkok's most enchanting temples. Arrive just as the resident monks gather for their morning chants and witness this deeply spiritual ritual to gain a better sense of Thailand's Buddhist heritage.
After the chants, take a walk around Wat Pho and see the vast collection of religious treasures on display. Admire the famed reclining Buddha image, which stretches 45-metres in length. Learn about the symbolism of the Buddha's intricate footprint and witness devotees making offerings to this revered image.
Your tour then continues to the nearby Grand Palace, which has served as the seat of Thailand's revered royal family for more than two centuries. Take a walk around the vast grounds, stopping in to explore the various temples, throne halls and museums within the compound. Visit the Emerald Buddha, the most revered Buddhist image in Thailand, and hear about its mysterious origins.
Following your tour of these iconic Bangkok monuments, you'll be returned to your hotel.
Evening Manohra Rice Barge Dinner Cruise
Take a loved one on a memorable and romantic evening cruise through the glittering city of Bangkok. Enjoy a sumptuous dinner while gazing at stunning iconic sights such as the illuminated Temple of Dawn and Grand Palace.
You'll experience the romance of Bangkok in style on the luxury Manohra rice barge cruise that has been converted into one of Bangkok's finest dining venues as you cruise along the Chao Phraya River. From the stunning Temple of Dawn, the illuminated Grand Palace, magnificent temples, striking bridges and other Bangkok's landmarks, this cruise offers a truly memorable evening experience in Bangkok.
While cruising down the river, you'll enjoy a sumptuous five-course dinner.
Following your cruise, you'll be returned to your hotel.
Full Day River Kwai and Damnoen Saduak Floating Market
Venture away from Bangkok and discover the history and traditions of the countryside. Browse the colourful stalls of Damnoen Saduak, a decades old floating market beloved by local residents then continue to Kanchanaburi where Thailand's tragic World War II history is revealed through a series of insightful, sombre visits.
First head out to Damnoen Saduak Floating Market which offers great photo opportunities and a chance to experience this traditional style of marketplace. See boats laden with fresh fruit, traditional snacks and other items being sold on the canals. After exploring the market resume the drive to Kanchanaburi. Arrive in time for lunch at a local restaurant that is set along the banks of the River Kwai.
Afterwards, learn about Thailand's involvement in World War II, one of the country's darkest eras. Visit the bridge spanning the River Kwai, built by Allied Prisoners of War, and the insightful Railway Museum. The Museum's informative displays explain the tragic tale of the construction of the infamous 'Death Railway' and bridge. Read first-hand accounts of the prisoners who were forced to work under harsh conditions on these ambitious projects. Following this sombre visit continue to the war cemetery and pay respect to those who died during World War II.
If time allows, wrap up the day with a short visit through Kanchanaburi's charming town centre before commencing the journey back to Bangkok where you'll be dropped off at your hotel.
Bangkok Hotel to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport With Guide
- Private arrival and departure airport transfers
- 3 nights deluxe accommodations in Bangkok
- Private-guided touring as per itinerary with English-speaking guide
- Shared evening dinner cruise in Bangkok (max 20 guests)
- Breakfast daily (excluding day 1), 1 dinner
- Travel insurance
- International and domestic airfare & airfare taxes
- Visa fees if applicable
- Meals and beverages not mentioned
- Items of a personal nature
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Prices are "from" per person based on twin/double share accommodation and for travel in low season. Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply. Limited seat/spaces and all pricing is subject to change and availability. Rates for single or triple travellers are available on request - please inquire.
The guestrooms are exquisitely appointed in delicate Thai accents with both garden and river views. Each guest also enjoys personal butler service.
There are 395 luxuriously appointed rooms including 35 suites.
Garden Wing rooms are of unique split-level layout. All guest rooms include colour television with satellite programming, refrigerator, minibar, en-suite bathroom, in-room safe, hi-fi radio and 24-hour room service.
FACILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
There is a fully equipped business centre including translation service, facsimile, Internet access, secretarial services and private meeting rooms. The hotel has two swimming pools amid tropical gardens. The unique experience of the Oriental Spa blends Eastern and Western practices including yoga and meditation in a distinctly different approach to mental and physical well-being. There are world-famous Thai Cooking School and Thai Culture Programmes offered. Plus a sports centre with a high tech gymnasium, tennis courts, squash courts and sauna
One can enjoy an Chao Phraya River Cruise to Ayuthaya, the former Thai old capital and excursions to Bang Pa-In with its Summer Palace.
It is a short boat ride to the River City Shopping Complex where a wide selection of antiques can be purchased including arts and crafts, antiques and silverware shops on nearby New Road.
The Riverside Terrace breakfast before a river tour, take a leisurely luncheon or enjoy a late afternoon drink with Bangkok's most spectacular view of the sunset across the bustling river alive with rice barges and river buses.
Barbecue Nights treats to a mouthwatering barbecue by the riverside. Grilled and roast meats, seafood and satays, plus a wide variety of salads and desserts.
The Normandie is bangkok's finest French restaurant. Enjoy the spectacular view, the impeccable service and of course, the superb French cuisine. A La Carte luncheon and dinner.
Lord Jim's is named after one of Joseph Conrad's seafaring characters, Lord Jim's serves the magnificent seafood for which Thailand is justly famous, in the surroundings of a trendy, state of the art decor.
The China House offers classic Cantonese cuisine prepared by 4 master chefs from Hong Kong. Open daily for lunch and dinner. Six private rooms and special menus available.
The Verandah, come for a quick cup of coffee, a snack or a three-course meal, The Verandah is ready with fast service and a fine view of the river.
The Bamboo Bar one of Bangkok's more seductive rendezvous. The barman can mix and serve any drink you can name and some you've never heard of. The music's lively, the ambiance unique.
Sala Rim Naam Resaurant, just across the river, brings together authentic Thai dishes with the traditional entertainment of classical Thai dance and music.
20 Jun 2022
As there is so much to see and do in many of our City Breaks/Stopover Ideas, you should consider staying longer. Below is a list of suggestions that can be added to your stay.
- 4 Hours
- On request