Santiago: Casas del Bosque Winery Full Day Tour
- 8 Hours
- 8 Hours
- On request
Casas del Bosque is located 70 km from Santiago, the capital of Chile, and 30 km from the port of Valparaiso, (UNESCO World Heritage Site). In 1993 the Italian descendants Cuneo family established the winery in the Casablanca Valley, one of the coolest spots in the area. The large and old pines and olive trees, and small white houses of adobe, defined the name of "Casas del Bosque".
Currently the vineyard has 235 hectares planted, exclusively dedicated to the production of cool-climate varieties such as Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Pinot Noir and Syrah. Cabernet Sauvignon and Carmenere come from the Maipo, Colchagua and Chachapoal valleys.
Today Casas del Bosque produces 1.2 million bottles of wine yearly, all made from grapes grown at Casas del Bosque estate. It is exported the 80% of the wines to more than 50 countries around the world. The other 20% is distributed throughout Chile.
One of Casa del Bosque's biggest strengths is its soil. In the hills, red clay composites of volcanic origin sit on top of decomposed granite layers formed 110 million years ago beneath the Pacific Ocean. This soil gives our wines the unique characteristic sea salt flavor.
Today Casas del Bosque is one of the most important wineries in Casablanca. It has gained great prestige over the years, and in 2010 it became the Best Vineyard to Visit in Chile according to The Winery Guide, Brasil. The Canadian magazine Wine Access chose restaurant Tanino as one of the best gastronomy. In 2013 and 2014, the prestigious International Wine & Spirits Competition (IWSC) chose the winery as the "Chilean Wine Producer of the Year".
Enjoy a visit to this famous winery. Enjoy the famous wines along with a gourmet lunch before returning to Santiago or onwards to San Antonio.
Duration: 8 Hours
From: San Antonio or Santiago