Long Weekend Away: Luxury Iceland
- 5 Days
- 5 Days
- Prices From:
- US$ 7,031
Pamper yourself at a luxury hotel in Reykjavik while enjoying the amazing spectacular landscapes of Iceland. Go whale watching; see active volcanoes and lava fields; take a ride on a snowmobile on a massive glacier and get closer to nature on a scenic cruise.
On this action packed luxury adventure holiday you can get a first-hand taste of it all. With privately guided excursions, you won't miss any of the excitement that Icelandic nature has to offer, visiting extraordinary places by super truck and snowmobile.
If you choose a flight tour, you'll experience Iceland's most famous landmarks from a unique and stunning perspective: Gullfoss waterfall, Geysir hot springs and Thingvellir National Park.
You'll also get to know the best of downtown Reykjavik on a private sightseeing tour. Enjoy the relaxing charms of designer shopping, high-quality restaurants, and museums and galleries.
An Icelandic adventure that will give you a first-hand taste of one of the most unique landscapes on earth.
- 5 Days
- 5 Days
- Prices From:
- US$ 7,031
Itinerary View Trip Map
Upon arrival, you will be met by your private chauffeur and start your day with a drive towards the dramatic volcanic peninsula of Reykjanes, where several dormant volcanoes and extensive lava fields reside. You will enjoy a wonderful day at the world-famous Blue Lagoon - a unique wonder of nature with mineral-rich geothermal water, set in the middle of a black lava field. The high levels of silica and minerals give the lagoon its rich blue colour. At the Blue Lagoon, you will have access to the Exclusive lounge, an oasis of calm and indulgence, offering you more privacy and comfort.
The lounge has a cozy fireplace, a private indoor lagoon with direct water access to the Blue lagoon and a private outdoor lounge deck with a stunning view across the lagoon. Enjoy complimentary use of towels, bathrobes, slippers, and Blue Lagoon skin care items.
You can also pamper yourself with a relaxing in-water treatment or an indoor massage (optional and at extra cost).
Accommodation - Choice of;
Reykjavik city and Whale Watching
Discover the vibrant city of Reykjavik, view the major hot spots, enjoy cutting-edge design and high quality shopping, all custom-made to your interest with a private driver and your own concierge.
We recommend the following:
- Warm welcome at a designer's workshop
- Visit to jeweler and goldsmith
- Visit to a designer shop that offers the best of Icelandic design and handicraft
- Visit to an art gallery and workshop
- Taste of local delicacies
In the afternoon get ready for a whale watching adventure. You will be picked up by a private driver and taken to the old harbour of Reykjavik.
Board the boat for a sail into the bay of Faxafloi. The various types of whales commonly sighted include minke whales, white-beaked dolphins, harbor porpoises, and the popular humpback whales. We will be accompanied by sea birds such as gannets, puffins, guillemots, cormorants, gulls, kittiwakes, arctic terns, and many more. The trip will sail past several islands inhabited by colonies of puffin (mid-May to mid-August) - a great photo opportunity!
Your private driver will wait for you upon your return and bring you back to your hotel.
In the evening you will enjoy a gourmet dinner at one of Reykjavik's finest restaurants.
|Meal Plan||Breakfast and Dinner|
Depart in the early morning to experience the magical mystery and natural wonders of the Snaefellsnes Peninsula & National Park with your private driver-guide. Pay a visit to a local shark curing farm for an extreme tasting experience of putrefied shark.
Drive onwards to the charming fishing village of Stykkisholmur and board a boat for a scenic cruise around the numerous islands. As a special treat a small net is cast overboard and fresh shellfish delicacies are brought on board for you to taste straight from the glistening sea (the cruise is available from mid-May, guests coming earlier will enjoy a sumptuous lunch at a local fishing restaurant instead).
Of all the spectacular nature that resides in Iceland there are three 'must-see' highlights that are easily experienced in one day.
Thingvellir National Park (UNESCO) is Iceland's greatest historical site and a place of tremendous geological interest.
A short ride across fertile farmlands in the south reveal the breathtaking Gullfoss 'Golden' Waterfalls where traversing a narrow path provides close-up views of the thundering waterfall below.
Only a few minutes away is the Geysir geothermal area where hot springs are in abundance, geysers explode, and pools of mud bubble.
You will then head off-road, towards Langjokull glacier to explore the Langjokull glacier at close range, driving a snowmobile vehicle across the snow field.
- Full day with a private Super Truck and driver-guide to explore the Golden Circle
- Snow mobile tour on a glacier (1 hour tour /2 pax per scooter)
Your private chauffeur will drive you to Keflavik Airport. If you did not visit the Blue Lagoon on your arrival day, you might use the opportunity to stop there now on your way to the airport.
Your driver will afterwards transfer you to Keflavík Airport in time for your flight. Depart for home with many incredible Icelandic memories.
2017: Daily - Jun 1 to Sep 15.
- 4 nights at luxurious hotels in Iceland, with breakfast: Hilton Reykjavik Nordica or Radisson Blu 1919 or Hotel Borg
- Private arrival and departure transfer from Keflavík Airport via the Blue Lagoon (visit to Blue Lagoon depending on flight times)
- Half day with a private driver-guide to explore the Reykjanes Peninsula
- Entrance fee to the exclusive lounge at the Blue Lagoon, with towel, bathrobe and light refreshments
- Two full days with a private Super Truck and driver-guide to explore West Iceland and the Golden Circle
- Viking Sushi Adventure in Stykkishólmur (approx 2 hours, with a group of people)
- Visit to a local shark curing farm and taste of shark with brennivin or "Black Death" schnapps
- Snowmobile tour on a glacier (1 hour tour /2 pax per scooter)
- Custom made city, sightseeing / shopping experience with a private driver, and a personal concierge (3-4 hours)
- One 3 course dinner at a renowned local restaurant
- Whale Watching tour (with a group of people) and private transfer to/from harbour.
- Travel insurance
- International and domestic airfare & airfare taxes
- Visa fees if applicable
- Meals and beverages not mentioned
- Items of a personal nature
The “Secret Lodge” is exactly that – secret. The owners of lodge do not allow images or other information to be listed to protect the pristine location and nature of the property. All departures are guaranteed with minimum of 2 participants.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Prices are "from" per person based on twin/double share accommodation and for travel in low season. Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply. Limited seat/spaces and all pricing is subject to change and availability. Rates for single or triple travellers are available on request - please inquire.
30 Sep 2018