Things to Do in Kenya
- Langata Giraffe Center and the adjoining Giraffe Manor Hotel. Giraffe Manor is one of the only hotels in the world where you can feed giraffes from your window.
- Nairobi might be dusty, hot, and frenetic but you can cool yourself down with the famous local brew, Tusker. Try it out at Casablanca the Moroccan style Bedouin tent bar in Nairobi.
- Take a tour of the Karen Blixen Museum. A 1920’s farmhouse where Blixen lived and wrote her famous book “Out of Africa” which chronicles life at the Estate. Visitors have the opportunity to take part in continuously offered guided tours of the house, which features rooms designed in both the original decor and with props from the 1985 film.
- Visit Nairobi Java House, home to Kenya’s finest hand-roasted coffee. Coffee though hard to believe originates from Ethiopia and not Java, Italy, or Seattle as we might be led to believe.
- The Rift Valley, an hour outside of Nairobi offers dramatic views of the Rift's steep sides and wide-open plains.
- The dive area Bamburi Beach in Mombasa on the north coast is a paradise for beginners as well as for experienced divers. The Indian Ocean offers the opportunity to see sea turtles, morays, giant wrasse, groupers, white tip reef sharks, mantas, and whale sharks.
- Just two hours outside of Mombasa is the Tana River Primate Reserve. Well known for extreme class IV white water rafting and the protection of two endangered primates, the Mangabey, and the red colobus monkey.
- Be amazed at the Mara River where the famous crossing takes place. Not for the faint-hearted, as this is where the crocs lie in wait to attack unwary Wildebeest.
- Take a sundowner atop a hill where you can see the whole of the Mara after watching a cheetah hunt.
- Learn to catch and eat some of the freshest seafood at Alfajiri Villas on the East African Coast, one hour from Mombasa Airport.
- A photographer's paradise, the Amboseli National Park is the place for truly breathtaking shots of Mount Kilimanjaro, the snow-capped peak of the mountain dominates every aspect of the park. Nothing beats capturing a shot of the mountain with Amboseli's elephants in the foreground.
- Explore the lesser-known park, Samburu National Reserve for the Samburu “Special Five”, the grevy's zebra, Somali ostrich, reticulated giraffe, gerenuk, and the beisa oryx.
- Traverse diverse terrains atop a horse at the magnificent Fairmont Mount Kenya.
Kenya Travel Information
At Goway we believe that a well-informed traveller is a safer traveller. With this in mind, we have compiled an easy-to-navigate travel information section dedicated to Kenya.
Learn about the history and culture of Kenya, the must-try food and drink, and what to pack in your suitcase. Read about Kenya's nature and wildlife, weather, and geography, along with 'Country Quickfacts' compiled by our travel experts. Our globetrotting tips, as well as our visa and health information, will help ensure you're properly prepared for a safe and enjoyable trip. The only way you could possibly learn more is by embarking on your journey and discovering Kenya for yourself. Start exploring… book one of our Kenya safaris today!
Extend Your Trip
After your African Safari, why not consider one of Goway's Europe tours or Egypt tours en route from Kenya or perhaps a stopover in Dubai on one of our United Arab Emirates tours
Get a Trip Quote Order a Brochure