Consumer Protection Plans & Business Associations
Consumer Protection USA
For your financial comfort in the USA, Goway, as an Active Member of the United States Tour Operators Association (USTOA), is required to post $1, 000, 000 with USTOA to be used to reimburse, in accordance with the terms and conditions of the USTOA Plan, the advance payments of Goway customers in the unlikely event of Goway's bankruptcy or insolvency. This plan is endorsed by the American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) of which Goway Travel is a member.
Goway is also a member ASTA's elite TOP (Tour Operator Program). The TOP logo symbolizes Goway's standing as a blue chip tour company that has met the stringent membership criteria.
As well, Goway is an active member of the National Tour Association (NTA) the leading business building association for travel professionals in the USA.
Goway's California Seller of Travel number is 2016613-20. Registration as a seller of travel does not constitute approval by the State of California.
Consumer Protection Canada
In Canada, Goway is a member of the Association of Canadian Travel Agencies (ACTA) and is licensed under Ontario Government Ministry of Consumer & Corporate Relations, Travel Industry Act 1974, Registration No. 1543989.
The Act is administered by the Travel Industry Council of Ontario (TICO), a leader in developing improved consumer protection. And under the British Columbia Travel Act, Registration No. 833-0. Goway Travel contributes to the respective compensation funds.
Goway is also a member of the International Air Transport Association (IATA), Association for the Promotion of Tourism to Africa (APTA), and the Australian Tourism Export Council (ATEC).
The Better Business Bureau's Checklist for Online Shopping
To help you shop safely online, the BBB recommends you take the following common sense steps:
- Don't rely on a professional looking website as proof of a Company's quality or good reputation.
- Investigate a company or seller before you buy.
- Find out where a company is physically located to help avoid overseas or offshore scams.
- Never give out your bank account number, credit card number, or personal information unless you're certain a company is legitimate.
- Pay for your purchases by credit or charge card which can be protected under the relevant Fair Billing Credit Act.
- Find out about a company's return or refund policies before you purchase. (For Goway, visit Booking Conditions)
- Always use a secure Internet browser that "encrypts" or scrambles your personal information.
Get a Trip Quote Order a Brochure