BE TRAINED to be an Expert, Wizard or Maestro
At Goway, all travel advisors undergo a training program to qualify as Experts (“Maestros” in Latin America or “Wizards” of Oz for Downunder). New staff enter our company as Rookies. Depending on their background experience and training completed, the Goway travel advisor moves up the ladder to Intermediate and Senior before qualifying and being designated as an Expert.
Travel advisors are tested for their proficiency in:
- Their specialist Destination – eg Downunder
- Airfares, routings and airlines applicable to their specialist destination
- Travelbox, Goway’s in-house next-generation reservation system for both Land and Air bookings, and familiarity with goway.com for their specialist destination.
All new travel advisors are hired because of their above-average skills in Sales, Efficiency and Customer Service, and rated 0-10. On-going training is designed to optimize the skills levels for all staff and increase their ratings. Each month, managers and team-leaders review the RISE and RESULTS summary to measure and compare performance with the training levels. The main objective here is to identify weaknesses in a travel advisor’s knowledge and skill level and implement the necessary training involved. Even when travel advisors achieve Expert status with the highest of skills levels, training still continues.
Goway travel advisors who achieve or maintain Expert status are recognized at our annual “Awards for Recognition” evening. Invariably Experts are also recognized as Super-sellers for making the highest incomes.
We work in a dynamic industry where change is the only constant. For Goway to remain a leader and innovator, we are always looking for:
- New destinations
- New product or ways to improve existing product
- New technology to enhance and improve our efficiency
- New markets, eg beyond Canada and the USA
- New staff, with the “right stuff” to be an Expert and Super-seller
If you are applying to work for Goway as a travel advisor, be prepared to do a lot of ongoing training.