Alaska Train with Denali, Icebergs & Bears - Superior
- 7 Days
- Prices From:
- US$ 6,080
FIRST CLASS|TAILOR-MADE: By the time you return from this trip you might have taken a floatplane to Redoubt Bay or Chinita for an up-close spot of black and brown bear watching, gazed at the brilliant blue hue of glaciers in Port William Sound, or actually landed on one by helicopter in Denali National Park. But there are plenty of relaxing moments too. Enjoy three separate trips on Alaska Railroad’s wonderful Goldstar Rail Service, and let the magnificent scenery, perhaps a glimpse of the majestic Mount Denali, unfold outside your window. The landscapes are never less than spectacular, and the included excursions get you close to wildlife, stunning natural sights or a chance to stroll around a small historic town such as Talkeetna.
Please refer to the itinerary for a detailed description of this trip.
- 7 Days
- Prices From:
- US$ 6,080
Itinerary View Trip Map
Anchorage | Arrival
Upon arrival in Anchorage transfer at your own cost to your hotel, the rest of the day is at leisure to enjoy the sights.
Anchorage | Prince William Sound Cruise with Rail
Depart Anchorage on Alaska Railroad for an adventure into the exciting world of Alaska’s glaciers. In Whittier, board the 26 Glacier Cruise and venture deep into Prince William Sound, finding yourself so close to glaciers that you can “hear” them move and gaze at their brilliant blue hues. Discover several types of glaciers including Alpine hanging, Piedmont and Tidewater, plus watch for glacier calvings (broken pieces of ice that have fallen into the water and become icebergs). Back in Whittier, board Alaska Railroad’s Glacier Discovery train for the final leg of the tour to Anchorage. (Lunch is included onboard).
Anchorage | Floatplane to Redoubt Bay or Chinitna Bear Viewing
Enjoy a half day guided tour with an opportunity to see Alaska’s black and brown bears in their natural habitat. Depending on the time of year and where the bears are foraging for food, you will fly southwest of Anchorage by float plane to either Redoubt Bay or Chinitna Bay. Here you can view Alaskan resident brown bears up close.
Anchorage to Talkeetna | Alaska Railroad | Denali Flightseeing with Glacier Landing
Depart early on the Denali Star Train by Goldstar Railcar to Talkeetna, best known as base camp for climbers attempting Mount Denali and for the stunning views of this famous mountain. Take a stroll down the main street for river views, local brews and great eats. This afternoon view Denali from the air on this small-group flight over the Alaskan wilderness. Soar over rivers, valleys, and glaciers, and experience landing and walking on a glacier. (Breakfast is included onboard the train today).
Talkeetna to Denali National Park Entrance | Alaska Railroad
This morning take the Denali Star, Alaska Railroad’s flagship train, in the Goldstar Railcar to Denali National Park. The afternoon is open for optional activities such as whitewater rafting down the Nenana River, helicopter flightseeing over the park, landing on a glacier or hiking. (Lunch is included onboard the train today).
Denali | Freedom of Choice - Choose 1 of 2 Excursions
• Option 1. Denali Highway Jeep Excursion | Self-Drive Guided 4x4 Excursion
Ranked #2 in Drives of a Lifetime by National Geographic Traveler magazine, experience the natural wonders of Alaska’s Denali Highway — this time by Jeep! This 4-hour guided excursion travels along a 135 mi (217 km) gravel road & takes you off the beaten path in a 4 x 4 to enjoy scenic views of Denali, the Alaska Range, glaciers and wildlife.
• Option 2. Tundra Wilderness Tour | Coach Tour
This half day tour offers incredible scenery, a narrated history of the park road and opportunities to view the park’s wildlife inhabitants. Picturesque highlights include the craggy cliffside of Cathedral Mountain, wildlife rich Sable Pass and braided wash of the East Fork River in Denali National Park.
Denali to Anchorage – Alaska Railroad
This morning is open for optional activities such as: whitewater rafting down the Nenana River, helicopter flightseeing over the park, landing on a glacier, or hiking. At midday, board the Alaska Railroad and travel by Goldstar Railcar for the day trip to Anchorage. As you travel along the Susitna River, you may catch a glimpse of the majestic Mount Denali or black bears along the banks of the river. Arrive in Anchorage this evening where your incredible Alaskan adventure comes to an end unless you plan to extend your stay in the area. (Lunch & dinner included onboard the train today)
Daily from Anchorage
May 18 – September 12, 2024
- 3 nights first-class accommodation in Anchorage
- 1 night first-class accommodation in Talkeetna
- 2 nights first-class accommodation in Denali
- Prince William Sound 26 Glacier Cruise + Lunch | Alaska Railroad
- Bear Viewing Safari
- Anchorage hotel to floatplane dock pick up / drop off
- Return float-plane flight between Anchorage and bear viewing location
- Bear viewing with professional guides + lunch
- Alaska Railroad – Anchorage to Talkeetna Goldstar Service with dome car seating & private outdoor viewing deck (Breakfast included onboard train)
- Alaska Railroad – Talkeetna to Denali Goldstar Service with dome car seating & private outdoor viewing deck (Lunch included onboard train)
- Denali Flightseeing with Glacier Landing
- Denali - Freedom of Choice - Choose 1 of 2 Excursions: Denali Highway Jeep Excursion or Tundra Wilderness Tour
- Alaska Railroad – Denali to Anchorage Goldstar Service with dome car seating & private outdoor viewing deck (Lunch and dinner included onboard train)
- Meals as per Itinerary
- Travel insurance
- International and domestic airfare & airfare taxes
- Entrances fees to sites and activities not explicitly listed as included
- Meals and beverages not mentioned
- Porterage fees
- Items of a personal nature
- Visa fees if applicable
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Prices are "from" per person based on twin/double share accommodation and for travel in low season. Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply. Limited seat/spaces and all pricing is subject to change and availability. Rates for single or triple travellers are available on request - please inquire.
8 Sep 2024